To the Rescue...?

I sit atop some discarded metal next to Zero as we are addressing the Black Knights on the next operation that we have decided to embark on. A row of Knightmares given to us by Kyoto stand behind us. Normally my mask would be off and sitting nearby, but there's something about needing an extra level of security today that I can't shake. This need to hide myself from everyone taking a firm hold of me for some reason. Probably because there is a Britannian standing at gunpoint nearby who has come to join us.

Ohgi lets out a big breath, "Hold on a second Zero. I know this is a request from Kyoto, and I think we can certainly handle it, and I am pretty sure the Japan Liberation Front would rather join with us than flee to foreign soil, but-"

"You're the one who brought us the information," Lelouch speaks up. "Diethard, was it?" He looks over at the man.

"That is right," Diethard, with his deep voice, speaks up. "It is an honor that you are meeting with me, Zero."

"So, Princess Cornelia is going to deploy the royal marines on General Katase of the Japan Liberation Front. Do I have that correct?"

"Yes, the network is poised to broadcast a special report."

"Lieutenant Colonel Tohdoh will never make it in time, meaning the Japan Liberation Front has no military strength right now. Their only chance of escape is liquid Sakuradite that they are carrying."

"Which is why we should help!" Ohgi blurts out. "We should help General Katase escape instead of going after Cornelia."

"Cornelia is always going to be there," I speak up, looking at Lelouch.

"Ohgi, who are we?" Lelouch demands.

"W-we're the Black Knights, Zero..." Ohgi softly responds.

"Then we have but one task! We shall destroy Cornelia's troops, and in doing so, rescue the fragments of the JLF. Tonight we reclaim what we lost at Narita!" He stands up as this last sentence leaves his mouth.

"What are our chances?"

"You really need to ask?"

"Understood," he grins.

I slowly stand up myself, smoothing out the skirt of my dress.

"Begin preparations," Lelouch commands. "You all have your orders." He turns to head out, and I do the same.

"Uh, Zero!" Kallen calls out as she steps closer.

"I have something to attend to," he turns to look back at her. "Whatever it is will have to be saved for later." Then he is making his way down the back of the metal we're on, and I am following as quickly as possible.

"And what do you have to do?" I ask once we exit the warehouse.

"I could have any number of things to do," he looks back at me. "I'll have to go place the tank in the water, and I'll have to go home to make sure Nunnally is okay. You should see Suzaku. He isn't suspicious of what you're doing?"

I chuckle, "I barely see him since he's really putting his all into making his higher ups as happy as possible. At the funeral, that's the first time we've spend a good amount of time together. He knows that I spend a lot of time with you."

"That's good."

"We used to be so close, and then we started going to school, and I feel like I don't even know who my brother is," I sigh, running my hand through my hair. "I never thought something like that would happen, yet here we are. I know that he still loves me, and still could never have a brother, but life has taken us down two different paths, and I don't know if we'll ever come back together."