Stress

Well, it's the end of January/beginning of February and if you're in high school you know what that means.

Exams.

And what comes along with those exams?

Lots and lots of stress.

Now, typically I would not say I am the type of person who gets easily stressed out. Usually I do my best to manage my time well and study for tests and keep up good grades. But this semester has probably been the craziest semester of my life.

This is probably because I had both math and science this semester and those classes tend to be difficult for me, and I had to memorize a lot of lines for my school play.

BUT THIS ISN'T ABOUT ME

This is about how stress affects all of us. Seriously though, I think that teachers and school have just been putting so much pressure and stress on students these days. Honestly, having a test or quiz or project due every week isn't 'helping us learn'. IT'S DRIVING US INSANE.

How can you expect me to do my best on a test when I just learned the topics 3 days ago? Why does everything have to happen all at once?

Back to me for one second, for an example of everything happening all at once: At one point this year I had three culminatings in one day. And I know I definitely wasn't the only one. A lot of my friends had that happen as well. Three culminatings in three different subjects in one day.

Isn't that insane? How am I supposed to study for all three?

And I did study for all three, don't get me wrong. But it results in me doing mediocre on three culminatings instead of excelling in one.

Stress is one of my absolute least favourite things. I hate being stressed out because I can't focus on anything properly and I lose sleep and it's just not a pretty sight. At all.

So what's the solution? I don't know. If teachers are going to keep being crazy and make school (and life) hell for all of us, what can we do about it?

Yoga.

Literally, I think yoga is the only solution. So find your inner peace, my young grasshoppers. Focus on your centre.

Until next time,

Xoxo Sensei Emmalynn