People Who Don't Reply to Comments

As a Wattpad author, I do my best to reply to each and every comment I receive. Yeah, sometimes it can be difficult because it takes time to write out a reply. Not hours and hours, and not nearly as much time as it takes to write out an actual chapter, but still it does take a few seconds of my busy day, but I do it anyways.

I understand that's unreasonable to expect the more 'popular' authors on Wattpad who receive thousands of comments every day to try and reply to all of them, but come people seem to put zero effort into communicating to their followers and supporters.

For example, I put a very nice comment on this one person's chapter here on Wattpad, and I never got a reply. I thought, oh hey, maybe I just missed the notification, but I go back and check the chapter a few days later and see that I was the only person who commented.... And I still didn't get a reply.

Really? Honestly it just makes me not want to comment on these people's stories because clearly my comments aren't valued. Here on Wattpad, your followers and supporters will make you or break you, and the best way to gain more support is to take time to reach out the people who are supporting you in the moment.

A little while back I did a love on voters and said how I love votes because I understand that it can be a little too time consuming to comment, and a vote basically has the same meaning as comment saying 'love this'.

So if someone takes the time to type a comment on my story, especially if it's a really long, thoughtful comment, but even short and sweet comments are greatly appreciated, I like to take the time to reply. Is it really that difficult to just type a quick 'thanks' comment? Apparently it is for some people.

xoxo Emmalynn