"come read my story it's really great"

Now I'll admit, I haven't had this happen nearly as often as some other more popular authors on here have. But all the same, it affects all of us.

People who advertise their stories on other people's works.

The most annoying place that I find these adverts popping up is in the comments. I find it rude and disrespectful when someone comments saying something like:

"Hey! Love this story. Come read mine, it's really similar. It's about a werewolf and a vampire. Here's the link: ........"

Um.... I'm sorry? There's the 'Share your Story' club for a reason, people. The comments sections on my stories are for real readers with real questions. Any comments such as the example above, that have no value, will be deleted.

It's my story. I spent my time writing it. Why would I want people trying to take readers away from my story to go read some random story that was posted in a comment? It just clogs up my feed and may distract me from real comments with real feedback.

Then there's my message board, where I see the same thing happening. Now, I don't have anything in my profile saying that I'm not accepting book requests, because I like to discover new stories and I don't have a problem with that.

There is a fine line between a book suggestion and a book advertisement. It's hard to explain but I hope you guys have a bit of an idea of what I'm talking about. By suggesting a book, someone may start more of a conversation and say, 'hey, have you read whatever by whoever? I really enjoyed it and it seems like the kind of book you might like too.' That is something I might take more interest in, even if the person is advising me to read their own story. At least they are taking the time to sort of start a conversation first.

Is this making any sense?

Naw?

Okay I'll keep going.

Let's backtrack a little. Remember, way back at the beginning of this... what is this? A chapter? A page from my hate-diary? A little bit of my soul? I don't know. The top of this thing. I said most of the comments/posts I have seen that people advertise their own stories in start their advert off with something like this; 'Love this story' or 'really enjoying your works'.

Often this is a lie.

You can see in your notifications when someone votes for your story. If this person hasn't voted or commented on any chapters, chances are they are lying.

Basically, if you want to advertise your story, go to the 'Share your Story' club. That's what it's there for. Leave my stories and message board, and everyone else's, alone. Please and thank you.

................

Woo. It has been wayyyy too long since I wrote a rant. Or wrote anything honestly. I need to update FTF soon too. This weekend, probably.

This week has been cray because I had my school play this week and ugh I am so tired. Can we talk about it?

Nah too tired to talk.

Okay... I am gonna go nap.

Jk I have to go to class kill me now.

Vote if you agree...

Comment if you have something to say...

And follow to make my day!

Your bffl on the web,

~Emmalynn