Chapter 22

Hayoung looked at the door leading to her bedroom, she swore she sheard it. Still eyeing on the door, slowly raising her mug of coffee closely to her lips, taking nervous sips.

But only the raindrops overpowered the silence, she shrugged and went to the living room. Setting her mug at the endtable beside her and put the laptop on her laps. Her fingers swiftly tapping the keys while embracing the scent of coffee with the heavy rain.

Hours passed and she stretched her arms upwards, a proud grin clearly visible on her face. She felt time passed slowly regarding the arrow of the wristwatch pointed at the roman number 12. She skimmed through her files and yawned, few works left that could be done tomorrow morning until all her work finished. That is, if her coworkers doesn't dump their works to her.

She happily skipped her way to the bathroom and freshen herself up. She entered her bathroom and saw the mirror still at it's place, Hayoung came close and checked the reflection.

"Hey.. How are you doing? I hope you can come back soon. Goodnight." She touched the mirror and felt the cold-

A tingling electricity zapped her palm.

Out of instinct, she retracted her hand and took a step back. Her eyes went back and forth from her palm to the mirror.

"Y-youngjo?" She gulped.

"Okay.. Calm down, Hayoung. First task at hand, get some sleep." Hayoung pat lightly on her chest, it was too sudden for her poor heart.

Her heartbeat felt as it's about to explode, she laid down and stared at the ceiling. The presence of the light shock was still running through the veins in her palm.

She tried to move her finger but her hand turned numb after the shock dissappeared. She lifted her hand in the air and sighed.

"What? Ugh, whatever." She shut her eyes.

The next morning, she shot up from bed and leaped infront of the mirror. She held out her palm and was struck by the same shock.

"D-does that mean- Shoot, I have to get ready." She clicked her tounge in annoyance.

...

She tapped her foot excitedly while doing work, the only motivation to finish all her work was the affair back home. She crossed the list of works done on the stickynotes pasted.

A knock was heard at the door and came in her co-worker with a file. She held out the file to Hayoung. Not again.

"Hayoung.. Can you..?"

"Uh.. I'm sorry, but isn't tomorrow our day off? Also, I have other things to finish.. I apologise."

The girl grew flustered and nodded, scurried away from her office. Hayoung exhaled deeply. As much as she wanted to help, she doesn't want it now.

Suddenly, someone came into her room.

"Yes?" Eyes didn't left her computer screen.

"Woa.. You're almost done with all the work? I heard you even decline some of our colleagues wanting help"

Hayoung changed her glance towards the voice infront of her. It was dear Seoho and Hayoung chuckled.

"I'm sure they have alot of stuff on their hands but I do too. I'm okay with it but it gets too overwhelming, the reason why most of my works piled was mostly because of other's works.."

"I'm glad.." Seoho smiled softly.

Hayoung raised an eyebrow at the statement.

"It's just.. You overworked so much and now you prioritize yourself more.."