Chapter 21

Step by step, following the trail that slowly growing. Leading her a path inside the deep willow forest, branches making archways. Soft lights floating as if it were fireflies and she tried to reach one out, sudden curiosity grew in her.

Alas, she couldn't touch it. She continued her journey down the road and stopped, seeing the path that guided her had come to a halt. Hearing the sound of water getting louder. She raised her head and saw an archway made from stones instead of the willow branches.

She took a step and felt as she was transported into a new area. A huge marble fountain stood infront of her, water reflecting light like a diamond. She saw a figure sitting behind the waterfall.

She came closer and saw his face, the face she have been longing to see. He smiled and stood up.

Her knees grew weak and felt as both of her hands were held gently. Is this how it will feel if Youngjo finally escaped?

"I'm sorry.." She gave a shaky whisper and gripped onto his hands harder. Tears forming around her eyes, looking at his face. Oh how she missed seeing those alluring eyes.

"It's okay.." He lightly kissed the back of her palms.

Hayoung couldn't bring to words, she doesn't want to wake up from this. Her shoulder started to shake, lips quivering.

"There's still a chance.." He replied.

Hayoung looked at at him with wide eyes. "H-how?" She was desperate.

He opened his mouth but no voice could be heard. And the next thing she knew, the world around her started to blur,even his face. She grew frantic and the gentle hands that held her had vanished, he was no longer infront of her. Only her and the willow forest was left behind.

...

"Youngjo-" Her eyes flew open and choked on her saliva. Coughing, she quickly grabbed the nearby water bottle.

She gasped for air and her blurry eyes started to come clear with her surroundings. Her laptop laid infront of her, sticky notes pasted on the table. She groaned, not believing she slept at the place again.

Looking outside, only by judging the horizon, she knew her shift had ended. She grabbed her bag and turned off the switches in her room. She exited and saw Seoho at his table, focusing on his works.

He noticed her and sent a goodbye wave, Hayoung smiled and nodded. She left the floor.

Catching up to her bus, she saw the contact that has over 20 messages. She sighed, it was officially over with him and she doesn't know how to feel. The man she once really loved, and the pain both brought upon each other.

"Should I answer?"

"I wouldn't.."

Hayoung's finger hover over the delete icon.

"But what if it's for closure?"

"You know him well.. Will he message you those kind of things or a closure?"

Hayoung felt her heart getting stung. She decided to archive the contact and put her smartphone in her pocket. A sigh escaped from her mouth.

She got off from the bus and started to walk home. She arrived outside but hesitated, a bit terrified of what occured in the past happens again.

She gulped and insert the key, a click was heard. Her house was left how it was in the morning. She entered her sweet home and left her bag on the marble counter in her kitchen.

"What now, Hayoung?" She spoke to herself.

"Work, I guess.."

She grabbed a file out of her bag but it slipped from her fingers. Papers scattered around on the tiles. Hayoung groaned and crouched down, collecting the papers piece by piece.

Suddenly a polaroid print came into her vision between the papers. A picture of her and Taejun, 1st month of dating. They looked so innocent, cheery smile plastered on their face as if nothing could end up with the reality they're facing at the moment.

She didn't realised how long have she been staring at the polaroid, she gritted her teeth, tears daring to fall.

"Why am I even.." She wiped her tears with the sleeve of her coat.

She thought she moved on but all those months, the love they share couldn't easily be forgotten in such a week. Her first love, she was inexperienced. He guided her only to end up like this.

"Why is it so hard.." She furrowed her eybrows and continued to clean up the scattering mess. She did heal during her stay at her hometown or.. Did she?

She started her work in the living room, laptop on her lap. She turned on the television and letting the drama played in the background. Eyes glued on the laptop screen, until she heard a conversation.

"I hate this feeling.."

"..."

"It's just.. There's still those moments lingers and I hate how it's still there in my mind.. I hate them! Why can't they go away?!" Cries heard from the tv.

Hayoung's eyes darting towards the drama infront of her.

"Shh.. It takes time, I'm here.." The boy infront of the crying girl held her in his arms.

Hayoung clenched her fist and quickly grabbed the remote beside her, shutting the television off. She slumped against the sofa and sighed loudly.

"I somehow felt what she's going through but at the same time I'm not?" Hayoung shook her head and groaned.

She set her laptop aside and stood from her position, went to grab a coffee in the kitchen. She leaned against the kitchen counter and saw the heavy rain through the window, a faint reflection of herself was seen.

"Get a grip, Hayoung.. After what he did especially to Youngjo. Are you for real?"

Hayoung saw herself as a different identity through the window.

"But I was the one asking for this.." She replied.

"Yes, you did but you know it's for the right thing.."

"I guess.."

"Hayoung, it's over.. He doesn't deserve you. Enough about him, there's nothing between you and him anymore. Focus on yourself more and how to save Youngjo. Trust me, you can do it. I believe in myself."

She now saw her own self in the reflection. Determination lit up in her a little and she involuntarily formed a small smile. All this time, she was only coping with what happened between her and Taejun but now..

"It will take time but I'm now finally ready for it." She said and gave a warm smile to herself.

Hayoung took a sip from her coffee and calmly watching the scenery outside.

That was until.. A faint banging was heard from the bedroom door.

.....

Hello! I'm back and I hope you enjoy this chapter! I'm very sorry for the late update, assignments were crazy but it's okay! I'm on my final semester exam right now and it's almost finish, I can't wait to continue! I hope you all are in good health and I pray for your happiness. Thank you so much for reading and I hope to see you in the next chapter.
Goodbye and have a good day!
🌸💕

Also, I hope the italic font during the conversation were clear for you guys!!