Prologue

She stretched her arms and flopped back on her desk. She looked at her laptop infront of her and traced her fingers on the stickynotes that were pasted on her desk. All of it reminding her how much work she haven't finished yet.

"So many things to do" she said to herself and sighed.

She looked through the glass wall and it always managed to make her calm. The look of the city wasn't very favourable by her during the day but when night-time falls, that turned a total 180 degrees.

How the cityscape lights throughout the night was a view she could watch over hours. She took a deep breath and tidied up her workplace. She heard a few knocks on her door.

"Taejun.." she looked up and smiled at the appearance of her boyfriend. She quicken her pace and caught up with him.

"Why are you always working late, Hayoung" he said and he made a quick kiss on her lips. It was normal for Hayoung to work this late and her boyfriend come to pick her up.

Hayoung giggled and turned off all the switches in her office room. They both exited her workplace and Taejun opened the door of his car for Hayoung.

She entered and soon Taejun drove them through the city. They stopped at a nice restaurant for dinner.

While they were waiting for their food, "So, how's your company?" Hayoung started a conversation.

"Fine as always" He gave her a playful smirk. Taejun, the heir to one of the most powerful company in Seoul. He has everything people could imagine and nothing can get in his way.

"What about you?" Taejun returned the question.

"A bit more busy" she chuckled while cracking her knuckles. Hayoung is just a normal office woman who worked at a not-so-powerful company but she's still happy about it.

The most important thing for her right now is she getting the paychecks and making sure her life is on the right track.

After their meal, they went to a night market. At first Taejun was against it, saying they should be going to somewhere more extravagant.

Hayoung kept being persistent so in the end he gave in. Hayoung was delightful so they both linked hands and walked around the market.

She was happily looking around while her boyfriend just looked at his smartphone. She suddenly spot a beautiful black mirror stand and dragged her boyfriend to the stall.

There were all kind of mirrors in the stall and she was excited checking them out. But the beauty of the black mirror was incomparable, it was just absolutely stunning. The aura from the mirror was truly captivating for her.

The lady at the stall noticed Hayoung's eagerness towards the specific mirror. "Would you like to own the mirror?" she asked.

Hayoung tugged onto her boyfriend's shirt "Can I?".

Taejun looked up from his phone and smiled sweetly "Yes of course" and he paid for the mirror.

Hayoung doesn't like spending on Taejun's money but the mirror's price is way out of her league and she really wanted it. This was the only time she asked him to pay for it.

The delivery service was free for the mirror so she gladly filled up the address form.

...

"why do you want the mirror so much?" Taejun asked.

Hayoung shrugged and answered "it was too pretty to pass, it will be a shame if I don't buy it and maybe I would never find it again".

They arrived at her house and both of them bid a farewell kiss. Hayoung watched as her boyfriend drove off in his black car.

It was midnight, she was getting ready to sleep. Suddenly, her doorbell rang and she was suspicious on who could be ringing her doorbell at this time.

She peeked through the window from her bedroom and saw it was the lady from the mirror stall. "That was one quick delivery!" She was surprised.

Usually delivery took days but Hayoung didn't mind, the sooner the better. She opened the door and saw the lady lifting up a box all by herself.

No way a lady could lift up a mirror like it was nothing. Did she got scammed? The lady smiled and gave her the mirror "It's okay, not that heavy".

She was skeptical at first and not wanting to make the lady wait longer, she took the box of her. She was right, the box is as light as a feather. How could this be? It's like holding lifting up a piece of paper. Is there actually a mirror in here?

"Thank you" Hayoung bowed and closed the door with her foot. She carefully brought the box to her bedroom and put it at the corner.

She opened up the box and revealed the beautiful mirror, she squealed in delight. It was true! She got the mirror out of it's box and carefully placed it. On top of the box said "Caution, very fragile!"

Rotating the mirror here and there, trying to get the perfect angle for it. She grinned at her reflection in the mirror. She kissed the mirror a goodnight and went to bed.

The mirror suddenly shimmered. A soft light coming out of it but it was unknown to Hayoung as she already went to dreamland.

...

Hi! Author here,, Welcome to my 2nd fanfic for Oneus. Thanks for checking out this book and I hope you will stay around for the next chapter! Have a nice day and goodbye 🌸💕