Chapter 10

"What?!" Hayoung was already fed up with his antics tonight.

"I have something to discuss with you"

He let go of her arm, Hayoung raised both of her eyebrows. Hayoung sat there looking at him annoyed.

"What did I tell you about that guy?" Taejun glared.

Hayoung furrowed her eyebrows, "What? Which guy?"

But that answer made Taejun increased his anger. "Which guy?! You've been seeing guys behind my back?!"

Hayoung clenched her jaw and was ready to smack him but she held herself. "I only met 2! My co-worker and my best friend's boyfriend!" She shoved two fingers at his face. She didn't have any intention wanting to bring up Youngjo, he doesn't even exist in their world.

"Fine, the co-worker.. All lovey dovey, hugging and even helping you patching up your wounds" Taejun pointed at her scars.

Hayoung laughed in dissapointment "You didn't even ask my day or how I got these.. You only care who Seoho was. He helped me, that's all. As a sign of gratitude, I gave him a 'friendly' hug." She emphasised on the word friendly, she continued "How did you know about Seoho patching up my scars?"

Taejun didn't let out a voice, she shook her head and exit the car. She was already exhausted "We need some time from each other, you've changed so much ever since we started dating.. Goodnight, Taejun." She slammed the car door.

She left him and she heard the car beeping, he wants her to come back. But Hayoung kept walking not caring to turn her head, she entered her house. She was thinking if she made a bad move..

She slammed the door to her bedroom, and immediately flopped down on her bed. Didn't bother to wash up or put her bag somewhere else. She haven't watched her drama in days and she missed it, she looked at a book on her end table which is beside her bed.

"Hayoung?" She heard him but for some reason, she felt irritated. She felt her body was moving on it's own, she grabbed the book and throw it at the mirror causing it to lose it's balance.

Realising what she did after throwing the book, she rushed up to see the mirror have fallen on the floor. She shrieked and jumped out of the bed, helping the mirror up.

She checked the mirror out. She forgot how fragile a mirror can be especially this one. There was a little crack on at the corner of the mirror, she made eye contact with Youngjo.

"I am so sorry!" she quickly apologised, panicking.

"No, it's okay.. It was funny meeting with the floor. Although my wrist hurts a little for no particular reason" Youngjo smiled, he was wearing a black short-sleeved shirt.

"Your wrist?" she turned her gaze at his wrist, her eyes went wide.

Youngjo was confused on why was someone will be shock just by looking at it. His wrist does hurt, he thought maybe it was due to his excessive activity in writing lyrics. He took a turn to look at it.

His wrist was bleeding, it wasn't too deep but the blood dripping down to his fingers. It wasn't supposed to do that, he expected his hands were red but bleeding? Youngjo excused himself to treat his wound.

Hayoung saw Youngjo leaving and fell on her knees. She covered her face, tears were threatening to fall. She took a shaky breath.

A few moments laters..

"Hayoung, it's alright.. I'm okay, a little blood is nothing" Youngjo came back with a smile. "Also, what happened to you?" He noticed the patches on her palms and knee.

"Today is just bad luck.." Hayoung sighed deeply, she started to tell her day from as early in the morning until the fight with Taejun. She appreciate that he was concern for her.

Youngjo hummed in response. He wanted to hold his hand out but he hesitated, he always reminded himself that Hayoung is someone else's special. But to hear about the fight, Youngjo thought it was stupid.

"Well, there's one good luck today.. You survived one of the hardest day. Give yourself an applaud" Youngjo grinned.

Hayoung looked at the pretty grin. Her heart started to pick up a pace, she bit her inner cheek. "I guess you're right" Hayoung nodded.

"I'm always right" Youngjo said in a teasing voice with a smirk. Hayoung shook her head with a laugh.

...

After the conversation, Hayoung bid goodnight to him early. Youngjo laid down on his bed, he sighed and put his bandaged hand in the air.

He untied the bandages and saw the scar. What peculiar about it is that the pattern of the scar wasn't normal. It wasn't like getting a cut from a knife but instead the pattern was shaped as what you find at a cracked glass or mirror.

He then noticed when he met the floor, that was when he felt something was gripping harshly on his wrist. Is that where he got it? By falling down? But he wasn't the one that fell, it was the mirror that connects him with her..

He closed his eyes and started to relax himself, he wanted to sleep but it was just like the other nights. Was he that afraid it will come back? Or it will come true?

He looked back at his scar.

"Shit.."

It was bleeding again, he went to the bathroom and treated it. He also stared at himself in the mirror, his dark circles under his eyes were getting more visible as ever.

He still have a tiny hope in him. Hayoung helping him getting out but until then, he will try his best to be there for her.

Is this really his life now?
.

.

.

.

.

.

His life that is depending on the mirror and her?

.....

Hello, my lovely readers.. I would like to apologise for the late update, update will be slow cause I'm getting very busy with school. But I will try my best to update! Also, have yall seen ONEUS's latest teasers? It was so etheral, legit can't wait for their comeback :')

That's all, thank you so much for reading and hope to see you in the next chapter! Bye and have a good day! 🌸💕