Chapter 14

"So.. What does my lovely girlfriend wants?" Taejun asked with a smile.

They were in the living room, Taejun wanted to kiss her when he arrived but Hayoung declined the sweet offer. She wasn't in the mood with him.

It left a bad taste in Hayoung's mouth when he said those words. Hayoung held out her hand, the spy camera from the teddy bear came into the picture. Taejun was shocked but easily regained his composure.

"So.. What is this?" Hayoung spat.

"Hm.. I don't know, it looks like a device," Taejun shrugged.

Hayoung clenched her jaws and threw the camera on the floor, smashing it to pieces. She crossed her arms with an annoyed face. "What were you thinking?"

"Just for your safety"

"Bull- You just didn't want me to talk with other men, right? Especially Seoho." Hayoung rolled her eyes.

Taejun's facial grew darker upon hearing the name. "You have me? Why would you need to talk with other men especially him?"

Hayoung laughed hysterically, "Why would you need to talk with other women when you have me?"

Both of them were looking dead in each other's eyes.

"You don't trust me? Let's be honest, heart to heart" Hayoung stated.

Taejun didn't opened his mouth, she knew what the answer was. This was Hayoung's first relationship and to end it after a few months, it sounded pathetic. Hayoung didn't want her first to be cut off in a bad tone. At least, when both agree to separate their ways in a good one. Maybe they should start new?

"Look, why don't we start over?" Hayoung asked, she had a little hope in this relationship. "Let's trust each other more.. No more spy cams and whatnot.."

"That's sounds okay.. and I'm sorry for this.." Taejun nodded, looking down. Maybe all they do need was a fresh new start.

Hayoung left a goodbye kiss to Taejun and somehow, she didn't feel it. The butterflies in her stomach with Taejun wasn't there, not fluttering at all.

She checked her phone and saw a phone message, no wonder she felt something was missing. She haven't reply the message from the shop lady hours ago!

"I found a lead, meet me at my stall whenever you're free"

Hayoung squealed in delight, rushing to her room. To Youngjo.

"Youngjo!"

He immediately appeared on the mirror upon hearing Hayoung's loud call. He was brushing his teeth, wearing a simple black tee and a towel wrapped around his neck. She couldn't see his eyes clearly due to his wet hair covering them. He just got out of the shower.

"I- I.. Uh.. Got special news!" She laughed nervously, her face getting redder.

Youngjo nodded in response.

"The shoplady found a lead!" She exclaimed, this was the moment she was waiting for.

Youngjo's heart stopped for a moment and got choked on the foam in his mouth. The toothbrush slipped from his fingers, falling to the marble floor. He ran off to the bathroom, leaving Hayoung laughing at his cute reaction.

He came back with no words, he pushed his bangs aside. Revealing a surprised face underneath it, he was trying his best to find the words to match on what he was feeling but couldn't.

"I will try to meet up with her.. Tomorrow" Hayoung said with glee.

"T-thank you.." Youngjo's voice was hoarse due to the choking. He held out his hand and touched the surface of the mirror. Hayoung didn't hesitate to put her hand on top of his, but she only felt coldness from the mirror. She wished to hold those hands dearly.

But she felt guilty, she already said to Taejun that they will start over. This was cheating for her, Hayoung pulled her hand away with a sad smile. Youngjo noticed the drastic mood change and put down his hand.

"Hayoung?"

"..."

"You have anything you want to tell me?" Youngjo's enchanting eyes were showing concerns to her.

"I'm starting over with my boyfriend" Hayoung confessed.

Youngjo heard his heart aching, but he knew he won't have the chance. He's just a friend to her, of course.

"So.. Yea, I don't get the usual feelings for him and we almost broke up, he's my first lover and I didn't want it to end it on bad terms.. Maybe we'll both change after this chance" Hayoung bit her lips. "I've been thinking.."

"After I get out of this mirror. That's it?" Youngjo finished her sentence, his breathing getting shallow. Was history repeating? Didn't she promised-

"No! What I mean.. We'll keep our distance" She fidgeted with a thread of her shirt.

"Well, you do want the feelings back for him.. So maybe we should" He smiled while his heart was getting wrapped by thorns.

Unfortunately for Hayoung, it was a heart tugging decision. Seeing Youngjo smiling not like his usuals made her newfound guilt passed the guilt with Taejun she felt before. She didn't feel joyful or content. Sure, maybe this will get her feelings for Taejun back but at what cost? But she would rather tell Youngjo early than after he got out of the mirror or it will be harder to keep the distance.

They both bid goodnight in a very awkward manner. Hayoung didn't like how the night ended one bit. Starting over with Taejun sounds nice and she should feel happy about it. But why does her heart is denying? What is heart trying to say?

"Ah.. I haven't reply to the shoplady yet" Hayoung whispered to herself and messaged the lady that she will meet up with her tomorrow.

Lightly tossing her phone aside, she gets comfortable in bed but it was no use. She felt restless. Was this truly what she wanted? Keeping a distance from Youngjo just to start fresh with Taejun? Was this really worthed? Was giving the chance a right decision? Will her decision be different if Youngjo came into her mind during their fight?

She drifted away to sleep, exhausted by the thoughts.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hayoung woke up to a sudden phone call beside her. She checked the time and it was 7 am in the morning, she wanted to sleep longer as it was the weekend. She groaned and answered it, who was calling her early in the morning?

"Hello?"

"H-Hayoung.. I'm outside your house" the voice, why does he sound like he's in such distress?

"Seoho?"

.....

Hello my lovely readers! Hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you for waiting. See you in the next one!
Goodbye and have a good day! 🌸💕