Chapter 3

"It's just.. Who are you?"

"Kim Youngjo. A guy living in your mirror" he smiled and bowed a bit.

"that's it?" Hayoung crossed her arms as Youngjo nodded.

Hayoung needed more information about him. This was like getting a new roommate except he only stays at one place. Hayoung sighed, she was starting to accept her fate. It's her choice wanting the mirror, maybe it's not going to be bad. Her home atmosphere can get lonely when Taejun doesn't visit her.

"I already tell you my name.. Your turn" Youngjo pointed at her.

"R-right, I'm Lee Hayoung. My age is 25."

Youngjo tilted his head, he looked surprise. He smirked "You have a boyfriend?" he asked in a teasing tone.

"Hey! I do! His name is Taejun and I love him very much!" she blurted out. Youngjo puts his hand up in the air while pouting.

"You think it's cute pouting like that?" Though Hayoung had to admit that pout caused her heart beats a little faster than normal. She also thought it was unfair as he knows more about her than she knows about him.

"What about you? Do you have a girlfriend?" Hayoung questioned.

"I don't.. I have a dog though" He answered avoiding her eyes. Hayoung caught the sad tone in his answer but she shrugged it of, thinking he's sad that doesn't have one.

There was silence between them, an awkward one. Hayoung couldn't believe she's having an awkward conversation with a mirror. She immediately thought of a question.

"What does it feel like living in a mirror?"

Youngjo simply replied "normal". He actually doesn't know how to answer that question. He explained further that living in a mirror felt like a new dimension. Hayoung on the other hand was confused, is it normal or not.

"Wait, there's dimensions? Were you born inside this mirror or what?" Hayoung scratched her head. Youngjo sighed, it's going to be hard explaining.

Inside the mirror is like it's own world but it follows the seasons and weather of the outside world. For example; if the place where the mirror is night-time and rainy. Then the world inside the mirror follows it. Youngjo wasn't originally from the mirror, he was like Hayoung. But one day, an accident occured that caused him to be where he is right now.

"Ouh.. Does that mean you got trapped in here?!" Hayoung went wide-eyed and he replied with a nervous laugh.

"Is there any way to break you free?" She looked behind the mirror, seeking for clues.

"I- I don't know" He answered, dissapointed.

"How long have you been stuck in this mirror?" Hayoung asked while inspecting the mirror, hoping for clues.

"I don't remember.." Youngjo counted the number of years with his fingers.

Hayoung stopped inspecting the mirror and looked at him, her mouth agape. Youngjo made eye contact with her for a second and turned his gaze somewhere else.

Hayoung stared at his figure, she felt like crying. This guy must have been living- no, trapped inside a mirror for so long. She wanted to hold him, to comfort him but the glass wall separates them. She touched the mirror but she winced at the pain from the zap.

"Youngjo.." Hayoung said in a small voice, he looked at her with sad eyes. She felt her heart been stabbed with a needle but she continued "I'm sorry for how I treated you".

Youngjo smiled "It's okay, I mean.. I would act like that too".

Hayoung wanted to cry right there but she held it back. She heard her phone ringing from the living room, she wanted to answer it but was hesitating to go somewhere else as Youngjo standing in front of her. He waved at her "go answer it" and he disappeared.

The sad atmosphere turned into an empty one. She felt her heart tugging when Youngjo disappeared and a tear escaped from her eyes. She wiped them and quickly ran to the living room. She picked up her phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, want to go out for a date?" Taejun asked.

Hayoung liked the idea and accepted it. They're going to have a date at 7 pm, she looked at the wall clock and she have around 5 hours to spare. The television was still on so she turned it off.

She walked into her bedroom and looked at the mirror. She went closer to it and touched it again, expecting a zap but there wasn't. She stroked the mirror, a sad smile formed on her face. It will be nice if she could do this to Youngjo.

But there was also something Youngjo didn't explain, what was the accident that caused him to be trapped in the mirror. She wanted to ask him about it but she assumed he was uncomfortable talking about it as he only mentioned it as "accident".

Suddenly, an idea came up in her head. Since she will be going on a date with Taejun, she will go back to the night market. To the stall where she bought the mirror, the lady must know about Youngjo being trapped in the mirror.

She went to her bed and laid down. She opened her phone and scroll through her instagram feed. Liking pictures here and there. Unexpectedly, She heard a few knocks coming from the mirror.

She immediately put her phone at the side and went to the mirror. "Youngjo!" she felt relieved for some reason when she saw his face.

He grinned cheerfully and waved "I'm here, Hayoung."

She then told him that she will be going on a date and her plan. Youngjo tapped his chin and pouted. Hayoung thought he was thinking but she didn't expect the next sentences coming from his mouth.

"Really? How much do I cost?"

"Way out of my budget" she answered with emotionless eyes.

"I knew it" Youngjo smiled proudly While patting himself. Hayoung opened her mouth but no sound came out. They then continued their conversation, Hayoung was delighted as her home atmosphere felt brighter.

When Youngjo laughed, Hayoung couldn't help but admire him. She looked at him full of adoration. But he's only a roommate to her, a friend. Plus, she would never dare to cheat on Taejun.

"There must be a way for him to break free" Hayoung thought with determination.

...

She was waiting in the living room for Taejun to come and pick her up. Her doorbell rang and she jumped off her sofa. She opened the door and saw her boyfriend.

"Taejun!" She pecked his lips.

"Ready?" He asked, Hayoung chuckled and grabbed his hand.

"yea"

....

Thank you so much for reading this chapter and I'm sorry if this was boring.. I hope you will stay for the next chapter!! Byee and have a nice day 🌸💕

*if you're interested, I also wrote another oneus fanfic -XION- called "The Drama Club" :>