Chapter 4

After their dinner date, Hayoung has been waiting to ask Taejun to go to the night market. Taejun was curious on why on earth would she go back there. He offered her to go to a shopping complex but Hayoung have other things to do rather than a playful date. Youngjo.

Taejun shook his head and eventually brought her to the nightmarket. Hayoung looked around in eagerness. She scanned here and there, sometimes caught looking at objects that was not on her mission.

Taejun was getting tired on how this girl was walking around. He bumped into Hayoung, she had stopped in her tracks. Hayoung immediately recognised the stall.

"Hello!" Hayoung greeted and the lady was surprised, she recognised Hayoung as she was her most recent buyer.

"Welcome, what brings you here again?" She smiled back at her.

Hayoung then whispered to the lady, explaining the situation about Youngjo. The lady was shocked and asked "You want to return the mirror back to me right?" she sounded disappointed.

Hayoung quickly disagree "What? no! I want to keep it."

The lady's eyes went wide by the answer. This was the first time a customer wanted to keep the mirror. Because of the beauty of the mirror, lots of customers bought it but as soon as he appeared, they turned their backs. It was uncountable the times the mirror got returned.

"Really? I'm glad to hear that.. Is there any peculiar reason on why you come here?" The lady was thrilled when there's finally someone that will take care of the mirror.

"Do you know anything that could break him free from the mirror?" Hayoung asked shyly.

The lady was stunned. In this world, alot of unexplainable things can happen. No matter how modern the world becomes, there are alot of mysteries that have yet to be solved.

"I'm sorry, I do not know if that is possible" The lady replied, looking down. Hayoung gently held the lady's hand.

"Please.. If something like getting trapped in a mirror exist, there must be a way to break it" Hayoung pleaded.

The lady saw the determination burning in her eyes. She knew Hayoung won't let go of this situation easily. The lady sighed and smiled at her "I will try to find any lead".

Hayoung couldn't help and let out a squeal at the statement. She felt hopeful after hearing those words, even if it sounds almost nothing. She gripped firmly the lady's hand and thanked her multiple times. Hayoung gave the lady her number so she could keep her update.

They both bid goodbye and Taejun walked beside Hayoung, feeling more confused as ever. He was weirded out at the sudden change of Hayoung's mood but he shrugged it off. They've been dating for months, this was nothing new.

"What's with you and the shopkeeper just now?" He asked.

"I'm just thanking her for the mirror. Nothing much" She lied, she thought if she tell Taejun about a guy living in her house specifically in her bedroom. He might as well think that she cheated on him.

She doesn't want that, she's loyal to Taejun. She was also glad that Taejun didn't hear much about their conversation. She thought about something and shook her head, she needs to be positive.

...

"Youngjo!" Hayoung called him as soon as she entered her house.

Youngjo heard her calling and immediately appeared at the mirror. Hayoung had a wide grin on her face, she was happy to tell him the small yet important news. Youngjo waved at her, curious on why was she so happy about.

"So I met the lady that sell your mirror and I talked to her about you. And I asked her if there's something that could break you free from the mirror" Hayoung said it really quick making Youngjo having difficulty to catch up.

"And she said she will try to find a lead for you to break free!" She ended her long rambling. Youngjo stood there, frozen. He was processing the last sentence.

"R-really?" He stuttered, still finding all of this unbelievable. The tip of his mouth slowly curving upward, tears were forming in his eyes. "I- I don't know what to say.. B-but what if there's no lead?" the mood suddenly got dragged down.

Hayoung was so excited to tell Youngjo about the good news but she totally ignored the bad consequences of telling it. Hayoung held out her hand, her palm closely came into contact with the mirror. She could feel the tingling electricity from the mirror on her palm.

"No matter what, I won't give up on you" Hayoung spoke with such confidence, her brows furrowed.

Youngjo showed signs of hesitation in his face. Was he really going to do it? Again? He was starting to get scared but it felt right when Hayoung said it.

"I'm not ready.." Youngjo said in a low tone while his eyes looked away, other than Hayoung's.

Hayoung stood there, not ready? What does he meant by that? Hayoung put down her hand and sent a comforting smile at him. "It's okay if you don't trust me, I mean.. we only have known each other for a few days" she ended with a nervous laugh.

Youngjo wanted to say something but Hayoung cuts him "But I won't give up on you."

He doesn't know how to feel about this. Would he dare to give this a chance? Not now. "I just.." he awkwardly stood there, playing the sleeves of his sweater.

Hayoung nodded as she understood the message. She doesn't want to put pressure on Youngjo into trusting her, she will try to earn his trust even if it takes years. "From now on, I'm going to be you friend" Hayoung giggled.

"I thought we already are ever since you saw me" Youngjo smirked with an eyebrow raised. Hayoung bashfully scratched her nape.

"Yea"

....

Kinda not proud with this chapter.. Im very sorry for the bad chapter :/

Thanks for reading this chapter and hope to see you in the next chapter, hopefully :')
Byee and have a good day! 🌸💕