Chapter 11

She was at the local supermarket, buying groceries for her now-empty fridge. She usually get a cup of coffee at her favourite coffee shop during weekdays but during the weekends, it was breakfast at home. Hayoung's cooking is lacking in many aspects, the best thing she could prepare is ready-made food. Cooking from square one usually doesn't end up good.

She was at the beverage aisle. She was so busy picking what's the best for her that she accidentally bumped into someone, the person's juicebox fell.

"I'm so sorry!" Hayoung apologised.

"It's okay" She smiled and picked up her orange juicebox. The young woman must be in her university years, that's what Hayoung could make of by her young features.

"Eri, are you done?" A good looking boy called the girl from behind.

"Xion!" She smiled widely and catch up to him. "I think we got all of the stuff on our list.."

Hayoung looked at the two walking away from her with fondness. Hayoung missed the early days when she go out with Taejun, picking up groceries but with what happened yesterday, she sighed. She hoped they could resolve the air between them quickly.

But Hayoung was worried if she actually made the right move. Taejun didn't text her at all every since last night, she shook her head. She was supposed to take him out of her mind with grocery shopping but after the cute couple came, her mind went back to him.

Hayoung eventually finished her list and was waiting for her ride at the taxi stop. Two plastic bags by her side, she watched as cars passing by. She felt her pocket vibrated, must be her phone.

She opened her phone and saw a message from someone, she bit her lips.

"Mom"

It's been a long time since she last seen her mother, they had a huge fight due to her mother disapproval of her relationship with Taejun. After a few months, what's with the sudden message?

"My dear, can we meet up?"

Hayoung gripped on her phone tightly. My dear? That's what she usually call her. The argument swam back to her mind, it felt so fresh, like it just happened yesterday and she hated it.

"Sure.." Hayoung sent the message with her address. Maybe they could make amends.

She saw a taxi stopped infront of her, it's time for her to go back and meet her mom.

...

Hayoung was waiting anxiously in the living room, she did have some pep talk with Youngjo before. She only told him that she was scared of meeting with her mom.

She fidgeted with the remote control and jumped in shock as soon as she heard the doorbell, leaving the remote on the floor. She opened the door and saw her mother, the usual warm smile plastered on her face.

Hayoung invited her in and they stayed in the living room with an awkward atmosphere.

"How are you, my dear?" Her mom started the conversation.

"Fine.. I guess" Hayoung mumbled the last part and shrugged her shoulders.

"What about your boyfriend?" Her mother made a sharp glare at her.

"We took a break.. Just had an argument."

"Are you perfectly okay with him?" Her mother's eyes soften, showing concerns.

That question caught Hayoung off guard.. Is she really okay with him? Yes, they do fought over the same matter over and over but they always forgive each other in the end.. Though it mostly started because of Taejun, it almost felt like both sides didn't take notes about the aftermath of their argument.

Hayoung clenched her fist. Seeing those worried eyes from her mother, it was the same as their last argument. The fight was stopped by Hayoung storming off, tired of hearing her mother. She could see the expression perfectly now, those motherly eyes she missed dearly.

"I.." She felt a lump in her throat, she wanted to say they are okay.. Fights happen within couples.. Taejun apologised, Hayoung forgave and they're fine.. Repeat. But is this actually okay?

"I don't know..." Hayoung sighed.

Her mother rested her hands on her shoulders. "It's not too late.. " She sent her a sad smile.

"Too late?" Hayoung looked at her mother with her eyebrows furrowed. She knew what her mother was trying to end that sentence, she stood up and shook her head. "I'm sure it won't reach until that level, mom."

Her mother also stood up and hugged Hayoung. "I wish the best for you," she looked at her in the eyes full with worries.

The conversation ended with her mother bidding farewell to her. Hayoung laid down on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. She groaned loudly and it caught his attention on the other side.

"Hayoung.. Are you okay?"

Hayoung quickly sat up and went to the mirror. Her gaze went to the bandages wrapping his wrist.

"Have you been into a relationship before?" Hayoung blurted.

Youngjo's eyes went wide, silence filled the room.

"Ah! I- I mean.. Uh.. It's just.. I'm not sure I'm truly okay with my relationship now" Hayoung chuckled nervously, she felt Youngjo's stare was still on her.

"I've been into one.."

She looked at him and he was facing the floor. Such sadness in his tone. Hayoung touched the mirror, the tingling electricity on her palm seems to feel more painful than before.

"Do you miss her?" Hayoung thought he was still in a relationship with the woman but the answer scared her.

"No.. I gave her so many chances but she took it for granted.. I tried to be rational with her but it never went well" Youngjo stated and he faced towards Hayoung, pain was seen in those alluring eyes.

"Our last argument ended up where we are right now"

.....

Hello! Sorry for the late update.. Did you enjoy the tiny cameo? Also, The TBONTB MV was so good, It was SOTY and the album has no skip.. Made me fallen inlove with them more! I'm so proud of stanning them since debut :')

I hope you enjoy this chapter and please stay for the next one! That's all and have a good day my love readers! 🌸💕