Chapter 17

She opened her eyes slowly, her surroundings were blurry. She rubbed her eyes and it was getting clearer, she looked around and saw the room was fairly dark as the blinds were all close, leaving little sunlight going through them and the lamp beside her bed illuminating the small room. She only realised that she was sitting on the floor, leaning against the mirror. She slept like this for the whole night?

She tried to stand up but felt an aching pain at the back of neck. She groaned and rubbed the painful area, trying to sooth it down. She looked behind her and was surprised to see Youngjo's back facing her.

"Youngjo?" she called.

No response.

She knew it, he was still sleeping. Her smile formed and knocked on the mirror, Youngjo squirmed and murmured some words. She let out a chuckle and stood up, heading to the bathroom, leaving him sleeping.

Hayoung relaxed herself in the shower, letting the warm water running down. Her mind started to drift somewhere else.

"Youngjo stayed with me the whole night? He could easily wake me up and we both can head off to bed but.." She whispered to herself.

Her heart started to catch up it's pace and she accidentally let out a small squeal. Quickly covering her mouth from letting out a louder sound but it didn't stop from the blood rushing to her cheeks.

She dressed herself up and went back to her bedroom, she saw him still sleeping. She shook her head with a snicker and knocked on the mirror, still no response.

"Hey.. Um.. Thanks for keeping me company.. You could have just.. Uh.. Wake me up" She started off awkwardly.

"I know-"

"What the frick!" Hayoung jumped at the sudden husky voice and felt as her heart was about to burst.

"Ya! You could have just tell me you're awake!" She panicked.

Youngjo stood up and laughed cheekily. "Good morning, Hayoung. I was awake when you left so I thought a 5 minute more won't hurt."

"Ugh.. You scared me" Hayoung groaned and playfully rolled her eyes.

"Also.. Sorry.." Youngjo suddenly apologised, scratching his nape.

"Why?"

"You fell asleep really fast so I kinda tried to but you weren't budging." Youngjo laughed nervously but his face got redder the more he talked, he was trying to hide something.

"Also.. Aren't we supposed to keep our distance?"

She screamed internally, how could she forgot about it but.. Why would they need to follow it? She was already done with Taejun, there's nothing between them anymore. Hayoung couldn't help but felt a sudden thrill inside her.

"I don't think we need to follow it anymore.."

Youngjo looked at her with confusion clearly painted on his face.

"I will tell you after I meet the shoplady" Hayoung teased.

"What?! No fair!" he pouted.

She laughed at his child-like attitude. "Right.. I need to go meet her right now. wait for me, alright?"

"Fine... I also need to do my morning routine. Goodbye, Hayoung!" He sent her a warm smile and vanished from her view.

She quickly grabbed her bags and exited the house. Forget breakfast, Youngjo is now her priority. Having Minseo to send her to the shop lady's house would be easy but she wasn't in Seoul anymore.

Hayoung sighed and looked at the address she gave, she didn't know the shoplady lives in an apartment. She thought she would live in her stall at the night market.

As she waited for a taxi, she started to feel lonely.

"If Youngjo was here.."

Hayoung looked up at the blue sky, such a beautiful weather.. Is he having the nice weather like her? Is he enjoying his breakfast? And the thoughts trailed off.

She heard a beeping sound infront of her, a taxi arrived and it abruptly stopped her mind. She entered the taxi and gave him the address. As the car started to move, she looked at the scenery passing by.

What kind of a world he's living in?

Is he alright?

What if there's no answer?

She clenched her fist, she needed to be ready for whatever outcome. For him. The unknown yet familiar feeling bubble up in her as she thought about him, she sighed.

What is it?

She wondering how he's doing because she's concern, right?

...

She took a deep breath and rang the doorbell, the apartment looks normal. After a while, the front door started to open, revealing the lady from the shop. You won't suspect a woman who sells mirror that have a trapped human in the building, she looks like any other citizens.

"Oh! Hayoung.. Pleasure to meet you" The lady welcomed her inside.

"Thank you.."

"It's still early, you must have been excited" The lady chuckled.

"Of course!" She exclaimed, this was the moment! But it got cut off as someone's stomach growled, Hayoung quickly turned her red face from the eyes darting at her.

The lady sighed and dragged Hayoung to the dining room, she saw how the table had been set up. The portion looked as it was appropriate for three people.

Hayoung accepted the offer and sat across the lady.

"Isn't this too much?"

"Actually, no. I live alone and I just eat alot" The lady answered bashfully, picking up a piece of omelette and put it on her bowl of rice. Hayoung followed along and a bond was formed just by a simple breakfast.

Hayoung also get to know that the lady's name was Joy and her interest with learning the depth of the world.

"It's odd.."  Joy served the cold tea on the table.

They finished their breakfast and Hayoung raised an eyebrow while taking a sip from the glass. "Yes?"

"I have never seen someone so.. Desperate? No, determine on things like this." Joy sat beside her with legs crossed. "Is there a specific reason?"

"Ah.. I just want him to get out of the mirror" She replied with a pout, looking at the reflection in her tea.

"Or.." Joy brought her face closer to Hayoung, a smirk was present. "Is it because you like-"

"No!" Hayoung pushed Joy lightly, she could feel her face was burning.

"I'm sorry! I was only teasing you! I love how you already know the question!" Joy laughed heartily.

Hayoung rolled her eyes, mumbling incoherent words.

"Okay, that's enough." Joy straightened her posture, faking a cough.

Hayoung put down her glass with a  serious look as if she was in a meeting with her boss.

"First thing first-"

.....