Chapter 20

Hayoung bid goodbye to her mother, giving a peck on the cheeks and watched as the car drove off. 3 days staying at her parents' home was something she never knew she needed.

She was half mentally prepared by the fact she skipped a day of work without telling her boss, getting fired was the worst case scenario.

She sighed and entered her house, turning the power on. It was kept like how she left, nothing was different except..

She scurried off to her bedroom and saw the mirror that was almost beyond fixed. She did what she could but was it enough?

Bad thought started to stir up in her head, she sighed and went to mirror. Hesitating to touch it but the presence was still not there. Emptiness filled in her heart.

She flopped on her bed, covering her eyes and she heard something vibrated in her bag. She groaned, lazy to get up. To do anything actually.

She didn't have the amount energy to even work for tomorrow but taking a day off without a permission, it was already enough to get her into trouble.

She never thought her mood would drastically swayed by a person inside her mirror that doesn't even exist-

"What if he's only an imaginary friend?"

Hayoung laughed in disbelief. She sometimes had the thought that she was so exhausted from work, she started to imagine a person.

A person that would be her companion inside her lonely home without Taejun's visit. She felt a bitter taste at the thought.

She watched at the mirror again and started to feel something bubbling inside her.

"Ya! Kim Youngjo!" She pointed at the mirror.

"You better come out! Do you have any idea how much I'm worried for you?!" She felt anger for unknown reason.

"By the count of 3!"

"2.."

Her lips quivered, eyebrows furrowed. Tears daring to spill from her eyes.

"1!"

"Ya!"

Silence..

She clenched her fists and punched the nearby pillow.

"I hate you.. For causing me these feelings," She chukled and pushed her bangs back in frustration.

...

She walked into her office, early than ever. Looking around her floor and the only lit up place was the elevators. She sighed and turned on lights of her level.

20 minutes passed, people started to rush in. Some were shocked to see Hayoung in her room, headphones on and tapping on the keyboard of the computer like there was no tomorrow.

Hayoung caught some of them were watching her, she sent them a weak smile or a small wave. Checking up with her boss was the last she wanted to do for today.

Hours passed, her door was pushed open and entered someone she smiled upon.

"Seoho." Hayoung felt relieved seeing him.

"Woah.. I heard from the others you weren't you today and I guess they were right. You looked like you've been wrecked.. Did you know how boss was during your absence?" Seoho teased with his arm crossed.

"Haha.." Hayoung sheepishly grinned and rubbed her nape.

Seoho put down his arms and his eyes filled with worries "Are you okay?"

"It's just.. I don't know," Hayoung shook her head.

"Hey, I may not know what you've been through but I hope you take good care of yourself."

Hayoung felt touched by his concerns, "thank you.. What about you though?"

"I've moved to a different place. I'll show you one day!" Seoho exclaimed.

Hayoung felt her day brighter seeing Seoho's excitement, nodding along to his offer.

...

She let out a sigh after coming out of Mr Kang's room. Atleast, she didn't get fired but it brought her more work to finish before the deadline which is 2 days left. Want to complain? More troubles will be the answer.

"I'm home.." She entered her house, setting down her bag and took off her jacket.

Went to the refrigerator and pulled out a can of beer. She doesn't drink but it was nice to have it once a week or month. She drinks during parties but those were rarely.

She opened the can and the smell of alcohol filled in her nostrils. She took a few gulps and moaned. She forgot how good it was.

Scrolling through her phone with the beer in her hand, she was enjoying the night.

She started to feel tipsy and decided to stop, one can was enough. She entered her room and stood infront of the mirror.

"Youngjo..." She giggled.

"Today was normal I guess. Oh did you know that I didn't get fired? Yea, I didn't!" She started to pace around the room.

"But my boss went 'Mrs. Young, I know blah blah blah. Don't do that ever again or you'll definitely fired, now here's your punishment' and gave me like tons of work!" She imitated her boss, mockingly and ended her story with a dramatic sigh.

"Ha! Guess he doesn't have the guts to fire me cause I'm one of his best employee!" She raised her chin up with a smirk.

"Oh man.. I'm so going to regret saying these stuff, but he isn't here.. Only you!" Hayoung grinned, touching her cheek that was wet.

She looked at her reflection and bit her lips, few tears had escaped. She checked her wristwatch and saw the time, "I should be getting ready for bed. Goodnight, Youngjo. I Miss you."

She went to wash herself up and went under the blanket, getting comfortable. Though the uneasiness was lingering in her mind, she fell asleep quicker than she expected.

Until completely ignoring a very soft light coming from the corner of her dark room..

.....

Hello, my fellow readers! How are you doing? I'm sorry for the late update because I have alot of things to catch up on.. Anyways, thank you for waiting and reading! Hope to see you in the next chapter!
Goodbye and have a good day! 🌸💕