Chapter 2

Hayoung slammed the door behind her, it was pouring outside. She was soaked, her boyfriend didn't pick her up again and she forgot to bring an umbrella. She made a mental note to watch the weather forecast.

She put down her handbag and saw the papers she brought back. The papers neatly arranged in her bag, not a single drop of rain in her bag. She rather got herself wet than getting her boss mad. She sighed and went to clean herself up.

She got out of the shower. She put on a nightgown and dried her hair using a hairdryer. She soon sat in her living room, opening her handbag and quickly scemed through the papers. She heard her phone buzzed and saw a message from Taejun.

"I am so sorry, I have so much affair lately"

She smiled and replied "It's okay, tell me sooner when you can't pick me up"

How can she possibly be mad at him? He was her first love. And he's the heir to one of the biggest company, of course he's constantly busy. It will be selfish for her to only think that Taejun has nothing to do except her.

After scheming through the papers, her work was finally done. She stretched and yawned, she turned the television on and watched an encore episode of yesterday's drama.

The drama followed the journey of a woman escaping from a toxic relationship. Hayoung felt bad for the woman for having a guy like that. Hayoung was grateful that she has a sweet guy like Taejun.

The episode ended and she brought herself to her bedroom. She remembered how Taejun was drunk and she had to bring him back to her house, letting him sleep on her bed. Waking up next to each other felt like a dream.

Hayoung melted at the memory. She grabbed her brush from her dresser and turned to her mirror. She let out a high pitched scream when she saw a reflection of a guy?!

Her brush fell to the floor and she slowly backed away. Keeping her eyes on the person standing in her mirror. She blinked multiple times but the guy was still there.

Her bedroom was pretty dark as the only light source turned on was her lamp on the end table of her bed. But what confused her more was the room in the mirror was bright.

The guy was taller than her and has a somewhat fluffy dark hair covering his forehead. But what Hayoung couldn't pull her gaze away was because of those enchanting eyes. Something clicked in her mind, it's those same alluring eyes from that night.

"What the?!" She was bewildered, not knowing how to process the whole scenery. She grabbed her phone, ready to call Taejun or the police.

"You know, calling people will make you a weirdo" The reflection spoke with an eyebrow raised and in a matter-of-fact tone.

That freaked Hayoung more, a reflection can talk?! She couldn't comprehend on what was happening to her. She took a few steps towards the mirror.

"Who are you?" Hayoung eyeing him suspiciously.

"Done checking me out?" The guy put his hand on his waist.

Hayoung suddenly laughed in disbelief "What kind of a joke is this?! I truly am tired from overworking" she pinched her nosebridge while chuckling.

"Not really seeing this as a reality aren't you?" The guy sighed.

Hayoung turned her head in a snap "reality? In what way is this real?". She saw how the guy got a bit scared when she snapped her head, like a ghost.

A ghost..

"Are you a ghost? I'm being haunted?!" Hayoung paced back and forth in her room, clearly panicking with the idea of paranormal.

"I am not a ghost, I am alive" the guy crossed his arms.

"Alive?! Living in a mirror you're trying to say" Hayoung said in a demanding tone and she received a nod from the guy.

Hayoung walked closer to the mirror amd gripped the side of it. "I- I.. What the actual eff?" she was lost at words.

"Okay, we make this simple.. You walk out of this mirror and be on your way home" Hayoung sent a menacing smile. Realising how close her face to the reflection, she instantly backed away and cleared her throat.

"As much as we both wanted me to go home, I can't" The guy huffed and Hayoung was losing her sanity. She touched the mirror, suddenly felt a zap and retracted her hand.

"How can a mirror zapped?!" Hayoung looked at her palm. The guy tilted his head, confused.

Hayoung clicked her tongue "I have enough nonsense for tonight, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight imaginary guy from the mirror"

"night" the guy dissappeared and the bright light from the other side of the mirror soon faded. Leaving Hayoung with her reflection and dark room.

She put her hands in the air and got into bed, she was sweating bullet. She couldn't sleep comfortably especially with the mirror facing her bed.

She groaned and opened her closet, grabbing a large cloth. She dragged the cloth towards the mirror and covered it. Once in bed, she still felt uneasy.

But due to her exhaustion, she eventually fell asleep.

...

The sunlight entered her room, she got up from bed and felt like her head was pounding and was surprised a bit when she saw her covered mirror.

She then remembered last night encounter with the strange guy, she hoped it was only a nightmare. She took of the cloth and saw nothing but her reflection. She sighed and went to do her morning routine.

It was the weekend, that means more time to relax. She sat in her living room and opened her cellphone, expecting a message from Taejun to have a date with her but received nothing in her message. She shrugged, thinking nothing except him being busy.

She suddenly heard some knocking, she went to the front door and opened it. There was nobody but the knocking was still there. She heard it closely and the sound came from her bedroom. She looked at her bedroom door, she was scared.

"What?" she slowly turned the doorknob to her bedroom and she wasn't prepare to see what was infront of her.

"You?!" She pointed at the mirror, it was the guy again.

"Yea, it's me" The guy pouted. She walked towards the mirror and the daylight in her room made his visual looks clearer than last night.

In fact, he actually looks really handsome. Unintentionally, Hayoung caught herself staring at him, she was checking him out.

The guy started to shift his gaze from left to right, he was getting a bit uncomfortable on how long she was checking him out.

"Umm.. " he started and Hayoung immediately snapped from her world. She shook her head and saw the guy tapping his foot, avoiding her eyes. Though his face was showing discomfort but his ears were red.

"O-oh sorry.. It's just, who are you?" Hayoung smiled nervously and felt embarrassed on how long she was looking at him.

...

Hello! Thanks for reading and hope you can stay for the next chapter.. See you soon and have a nice day! Byee 🌸💕