Chapter 8

"Hayoung.. Can you sort these out, please?"

"Sure!"

"Hayoung.. Can you finish these cause I have an important matter soon"

"Oh.. Okay!"

Hayoung was unsure if she could finish this all by the end of her shift. The stacks of paper and files are piling up on her desk. She sighed and started to work.

...

Is it safe? She was waiting outside of her workplace, she called Taejun to pick her up but 40 minutes have passed and she was still outside. No sign of her boyfriend.

She could choose the option of walking back home but it's already midnight. She finished almost all her work and everybody already went home except the security guards. Seoho did offered her a ride before he went back but she politely denied it.

She dialled Taejun's number again but it was sent to mailbox, she sighed deeply.

"Tell me if you aren't coming.. I go back first, thanks"

She dialled the second number, Minseo's. She was expecting a soft voice but instead, got slurred words greeting her.

"Hellooo, guardian! Ya!" it was Minseo a second ago until it her phone got snatched by someone through the sound of it.

"I'm sorry but she isn't available" A deep voice took over sending chills through Hayoung's spine.

"I'm sorry but I need to talk with my bestfriend, I'm Hayoung"

"You're Hayoung.. O-oh, let me give it to her"

"You must want a ride back home, right? Don't worry, I will send Geonhak to pick you up.. Aish, I knew Taejun is someone you shouldn't trust even though you're dating for months... Haha woo.. Geonhak!" Minseo laughed and the call was hung up.

Hayoung stared at her phone, dumbfounded. She recalled the name and it was Minseo's crush. 'She must have went to a party with him' Hayoung chuckled at the thought and shook her head. But she was a little offended by Minseo's point of view for Taejun. Hayoung was being optimistic, Taejun maybe was busy and Minseo didn't mean it.. But a drunk Minseo always spouting out her honest feeling, no sugarcoating.

Soon later, a beautiful metallic silver car came close and stopped infront of her. She didn't expect that fast, the party must have been close to her workplace. She saw someone getting outside of the driver seat. He was fairly tall and his hair was dyed ash grey.

This was Geonhak from the pictures in Hayoung's phone but with glasses. Hayoung was dumbstruck by his visuals, intimidating indeed. Geonhak stood infront of her and smiled. She felt relaxed, that's where the soft part Minseo mentioned.

"You must be Hayoung.. I'm Geonhak, Minseo is in the car.. Let's go"

Hayoung nodded, and followed him to his car. She looked at the passenger seat beside Geonhak, Minseo was sleeping soundly. Her face was flushed, how hard did she partied?

"I knew this would happen with Minseo.. Glad I didn't take any drinks" Geonhak shook his head, as if this had happened many times already.

"I didn't know she was a party animal.. She changed so much since we first met. Please take care of her" Hayoung looked at Geonhak and back to Minseo.

"Don't worry, I'm used to it" Geonhak chuckled, his ears turning red. Hayoung glanced at it and made a knowing face.

...

"Thanks for the ride, you two.. Have a good night!" Hayoung waved goodbye to them both. Minseo already woke up right before they reached Hayoung's house.

"Bye bye! Night, Hayoung!" Minseo exclaimed and muttered something but Hayoung couldn't capture it.

She entered her home and immediately washed herself up. She brought home a couple of her works but was so tired to even do it, she let it on top of her dining table. She went to her bedroom and wanted to call Youngjo but hesitate, what if he's already asleep?

"Hey, you're late than your usual late" Youngjo crossed his arms as he stood inside the mirror.

"You weren't asleep?!" Hayoung got a tiny heart attack by his sudden presence and poked the mirror.

"Waiting for you.. A bit worried" Youngjo mumbled, nervously.

"Aww.. I appreciate it, don't worry. I'm always coming back" Hayoung cooed.

"You know.. Your personality reminds me of my mom" Youngjo smiled but soon turned into a sad one.

Hayoung knew this was a sensitive topic for Youngjo. Heck, He doesn't even remember how long he's stuck in the mirror. What about his mother? How is she coping after knowing that one of her son was missing? Does she even know that he's missing? Questions swimming in her mind.

"You must be missing her dearly.." Hayoung stated.

"Of course, everyday.." Youngjo's eyes were glassy.

"Hey.. Do you remember your age when you first trapped in here?" Hayoung carefully asked.

"Hm.. If I recall, 25? In this world.. It's timeless, we don't age in here" Youngjo shrugged and continued "When I first got in here.. To be honest, I was scared and clueless.. Glad to have my friends but I don't want to be close to them too much, not after what happened."

"What did happened?" Hayoung blurted and quickly shut her mouth.

"Um.. Can we stop?" Youngjo said with pleading eyes. Hayoung nodded with a sorry and they ended their conversation, he bid goodnight to her and vanished.

Hayoung laid down on her bed, restless. Her mind couldn't stop thinking about Youngjo. There's so many things she didn't know about Youngjo.

She really hoped the lady could come up with a lead so she could free Youngjo. She wanted to give Youngjo the happiness he deserves. She finally fell asleep but her phone was buzzing with messages.

On the other side, he leaned against the headboard. Knees brought closer to his chest, his breathing shallow.

.....

Thank you for the 400 reads and 50 votes!! 🌸💕