Chapter 1

After taking a sip of her coffee, Hayoung put her hand on the keyboard of her laptop making the words popping on her screen unreadable.  The meeting will start in 30 minutes so she then checked her files on her table that will be used for the meeting.

Flipping through the file, rereading it for the nth time. Making sure it was perfect and ready to be used in the meeting. Suddenly a knock was heard on her door.

"Yes?" she answered while her eyes on the files. She looked away and saw her co-worker, Lee Seoho. He was carrying a stack of paper.

"Seoho.. May I help you?" she smiled and put the files away. Seoho put the papers on her table causing a loud thump.

"I'm sorry but boss told me you should finish all of these by tomorrow" Seoho said while patting the top of the papers.

The stack was fairly tall but finishing it by tomorrow? There will be a meeting soon and the boss expected her to finish these by tomorrow?

"And when is that tomorrow, Seoho?" Hayoung grabbed a paper from the stack and read through it. The task was simple but looking at the stack made Hayoung felt uneasy.

Seoho nervously answered "before break time tomorrow".

Hayoung eyes went wide "What?!". She stood up and grabbed both of Seoho's shoulders "Is he crazy?!"

"Hey, no touchy" Seoho huffed, clearly uncomfortable. Hayoung sent him an apologetic smile and took her hands off his shoulders. Hayoung sat back in her chair and massaged her temples.

"Thanks, Seoho" she gave him a thumbs up. Seoho nodded and left her room.

She looked at the stack infront of her and sighed. She then turned to look at her wristwatch and saw the meeting will start in 20 minutes!

She quickly jumped off her chair and grabbed the things needed for the meeting. She speed walked to the meeting room and saw nobody was there yet.

She immediately set up the meeting room, putting down files for each workers that will attend in today's meeting. She checked the projector and the computer if they're alright.

Everything was in a green light. She sat in her place and soon the meeting has started, everybody started to come in and took their places.

Everybody was jotting down notes and each expressed their opinion on the next project that will start in a month. Hayoung sat there and listened to everything.

After the meeting ended, Hayoung's boss called her to meet him in his office after her shift ended. Hayoung thought that would be a great time to ask him if she could send back the stack of papers Seoho gave it to her a bit late.

She then sat back in her office and started to work on the stack of papers. As she went deeper in the stack, the task got harder.

She was so focused on her work that time flies like a breeze. Realisation hit her, she need to meet up with her boss.

She entered the elevator and pressed the top floor, where her boss office is. She reached the top level and tidied up herself. She saw her boss' door and knocked on it.

"come in" a low voice came from the other side.

"Hello, Mr. Kang" she greeted him and suddenly Mr Kang slammed his table. Hayoung jumped a bit and trembled, she knew the boss was mad but she was too scared to even question why.

"You know why I called you, Mrs. Young" The boss glared at her.

"N-no" she stuttered while locking eye contact with her boss. He will get more angry if she look away.

"One of the guests at the meeting complained on why they received a different file!" He shouted at her.

Hayoung felt her legs were getting weak but she managed to still stood up straight. "B-but I checked all of them! I swear there should be no mistake!" she answered back.

"Well there is! I don't want this to ever happen again Mrs. Young!" He slammed the table again with more force, Hayoung flinched and nodded quickly.

"Good. Now get out!" he sat down and pointed at the door behind Hayoung.

"Y-yes" she scurried off and left the office. So much for delaying the stack that Seoho gave, guess she has no choice but to try doing as much as she can before every shifts end.

She went back to her place and saw the stacks of papers, she managed to finish halfway but the tasks kept becoming harder as she finished more.

She then snapped herself from work when she heard sombody knocked on her door. It was Seoho again.

He entered and his face was worried when he saw the papers were scattering around her place. He crouched and grabbed the papers, tidying it up and put it back on her table.

"The papers flew around, Hayoung. You should really go home now, it's really late" Seoho stood infront of her.

Hayoung chuckled "you should head back first, I need to finish this paper then I will head back. Plus, my boyfriend will come and pick me up" she smiled, reassuring him.

Seoho sighed "alright, just don't push your limits" he walked out, Hayoung waved him goodbye.

Hayoung then grabbed her phone and saw the chat between her and Taejun.

"You're coming to pick me up right?" it was seen and he haven't replied yet, Hayoung thought maybe he was busy like her too. She smiled at the thought and continued her work.

It was so late, Taejun haven't came nor reply. Hayoung sighed and tidied up her place, she was the last one to exit the office building again. She took a bus and slept, almost missing her stop.

She reached home and looked back at her phone "why hasn't he answered?" she frowned.

She washed herself up and stood infront of her newly bought mirror "today has been pretty tough, I'm tired" she touched the mirror and closed her eyes.

"I know it was, I hope you have a better day tomorrow" a voice spoke to her, it sounds like a guy.

Her eyes flew open and looked around the room and looked back at the mirror, a guy?! His eyes were the only features that struck her, it was very alluring.

She rubbed her eyes and saw her reflection only. Was she imagining things? She laughed it off, she thought she was that tired until imagining a guy in her mirror.

She patted herself and climbed in bed, thinking about the eye contact she made with whoever it was. She quickly fell asleep.

....

Here's the 2nd chapter,, thanks for reading it and hope to see you in the next chapter.
Have a nice day, byee 🌸💕