Chapter 19

As if time was stopped, she saw the glass of the mirror cracking, Taejun raised the hammer again and swung it towards the mirror. The cracks grew bigger and some bits flew off, Hayoung felt as her heart was also shattering along.

She felt as her body and mind were numb. She and Taejun made eye contact, he saw the light in her eyes dissappeared. Where did she go?

Taejun opened his mouth, saying words but it didn't enter her mind. He tried to calm her down but Hayoung couldn't stop herself like a mindless puppet, she ran and grabbed knife on the floor and charged towards him with it.

Almost making a scar at Taejun's shoulder, he put a stop to it.

"You crazy woman!" He lashed out, tightly gripping on her wrist.

She felt him pushing her away from him, harshly causing her to lose her balance and fell on the floor. She heard the sound of footsteps fading but she didn't want to get up, she didn't have the energy to do so.

She watched at the shattered mirror, though it was still beautiful but some of the parts were missing. Hayoung couldn't stop the tears that were slipping from her eyes.

She grabbed a few shards that were on the floor and tried to pick herself up, her legs were wobbling. She slowly collecting the shards and her hand got a few scratches.

She didn't care, she was at a dead end.

"What will happen if the mirror is broken?"

"Try avoid in all matter."

She couldn't avoid it, why didn't she try harder?

She was this close to save him, how did it even end up this way?

If only she saved him earlier then none of this would have happened.

She put all the shards in a glass jar but was hesitating. What if this bottle will have the same fate as Youngjo?

Youngjo..

An unknown guy that suddenly came into her life with a mirror. Unbelievable but it might be one of the best thing that have happened in her life. Youngjo who had a hint of narcissistic in him but was still able to worry for her, asked her day and tried to cheer her up.

Her lips were quivering, using a little bit of energy in her just to support her mind and body.

"I said I won't leave you." She choked on her tears.

"I- I.. Please.. Please still believe in my words.. I'm here for you.." her hands were trembling, clenching on the shards in her hand. She had never felt so vulnerable in her life.

"Please don't give up, there's so many things I want to tell you when you're out of this."

"I want to listen to your music, I want to tell you I ended with that asshole. I want to tell you that we don't have to keep a distance!" She blamed herself for how she was blinded on how she could ever like Taejun again.

"Youngjo... I want to see your smile, your eyes. I want hold you."

"I promised to be there for you... And... And..." She too a deep breath and groaned in frustration, there's one more thing she wanted to say.

But she couldn't.

She cried her heart out, she felt broken like the mirror infront of her.

...

She opened her eyes, regaining her vision. Slowly sitting up and checked herself out in the cracked reflection, puffy eyes, red face and her messy shoulder-length hair. What a wreck she was.

Her head was throbbing, she clicked her tongue and rubbed her temples.

She gasped loudly as she realised what she should have been focusing on.

She was trying to stand up, using her hands to help her weight but hissed at the stinging pain. She did woke up with shards in her hand, it was a no wonder. She put down the shards and hurried out of her bedroom.

She went to the bathroom and started to treat her wounds. Her stomach growled but Hayoung refused to listen to it at first, she got a more important matter to do. She thought she was already full from Joy's breakfast but all the crying made her hungry.

"Maybe a quick eat will be enough.." She talked to herself.

She leaned against the kitchen counter, waiting for the rice in the microwave heating up. She scrolled through her phone with the clock ticking at 2 p.m and a search bar 'How to fix a mirror'. Though it sounded impossible for a mirror that was actually a portal to another world, she needs to try but at the moment, her stomach was calling. 

She left the dish in the sink and checked inside one of the drawer in the kitchen, she saw a bottle of white concentrated glue. She smiled and grabbed it along with a tray, immediately going to her bedroom.

She collected the shards that were on the floor and placed them on a tray.

She slowly and cautiously laid down the mirror on the floor. She pulled out a pair of tweezers and started piecing the shards right back at it place, the big pieces were easy but the small and almost the size of a speck of dust were the hardest.

She couldn't believe how much hours have passed but she saw how her surroundings were getting darker than before. She wiped the sweat off her forehead and saw the end of the operation. She felt satisfied but she lost some of the smaller pieces so she filled the gaps with glue, making sure every nook and crany of the mirror was filled.

"Youngjo.." She called him with a sad smile.

Only silence and her reflection was present, Hayoung sighed and positioned the mirror back to it's original state.

"Youngjo.." Hayoung let out a small chuckle.

"Come on.. This isn't funny, you can show yourself. He's not here anymore or ever." Hayoung felt as her tears starting formed again.

She rubbed her tears away and rouched the mirror, the spark of electric wasn't there and Hayoung felt her heart dropped.

"I'm.. I'm sorry.. So.. So damn much.." Hayoung traced her fingers along the cracks, some of the glue was still not dried yet.

She formed a fist and wanted to punch the mirror, so Youngjo could hear her and escape but she knew it will be impossible.

"I'm going back to my mother's house.. I just need time away from here." Hayoung looked down.

"Please.. Youngjo... Come back.. For the love of god, please come back to me."

Hayoung let go off the mirror and went away, getting ready to depart from home.

...

"Hayoung, my dear.. I'm sorry for what happened to you." Her mom said from the front seat.

"It's okay.. I guess you're right mom." Hayoung hummed.

She watched at the scenery of her hometown, she felt exhausted from the train ride and the emotions from her home. She just wanted to sleep.

She checked her phone, trying to refresh the chat with Joy. Hayoung told her everything but all she replied was..

"It's good you managed to try and fix it but... "

"I'm sorry, even I don't know.. We just have to wait and see? I'm truly sorry.."

She bit her lips anxiously. She couldn't predict the outcome, even Joy can't.

What now?

....

Hello, my fellow readers! How are you doing? I'm very sorry for the late update and thank you so much for waiting and reading! I really hope to see you in the next chapter! Also, look what RAVN posted HFKDHSJS
Goodbye and have a good day! 🌸💕

*if you're interested, I also wrote another oneus fanfic -Keonhee- called "Carnations" :>