Chapter 12

Ring..

What was the reason?

Ring..

Why isn't she here yet?

Ring..

"Hello, Ain?" He answered the phone call, the name of the caller was his loved one.

"Um.. This is not Ain but her friend, can you come to the address so you could pick her up?" It was definitely not her voice.

He didn't hesitate to grab his coat and car keys. His phone vibrated, a message had sent to him. It was the address of the local night club in the town. He dashed out of his apartment, leaving his music sheets scattered around the table.

When he arrived at the club, he saw his girlfriend with another boy. His heart started to beat faster, will it happen again? He was about to go out but the same event unfolded infront of his eyes stopped him. She kissed him, she leaned in first. It's happening, again.

The guy pushed her when he took notice the car that have just arrived. He clenched his fist and took a deep breath, he stepped outside the vehicle.

"I- I swear.."

He walked past him, ignoring the boy's presence and gently grabbing his girlfriend by the wrist. Ain was resisting his touch, he was having none of it and carried her bridal style.

"Let me go!" She was squirming, slapping his chest.

He was worried not for her but also himself, people would easily mistaken this as something else. He gently put her in the passenger seat as she stopped resisting and her eyelids were getting heavy. She fell asleep right after, he pushed back her bangs and saw how flushed her cheeks was.

He pat her head and put a kiss on her forehead. He went to the driver seat, took a quick glance at her and started driving away from the place.

The next morning, she woke to a familiar room. Her head was throbbing, what happened last night? She saw someone entered the room and it's none other..

"Youngjo?" She said.

"You okay?" Youngjo smiled sadly, a glass of water in his hand. He sat beside her but the distance between them was there.

"What happened?" She grabbed the glass from him and chugged it down.

Youngjo averted his eyes, not looking at her messy face. Youngjo was having mixed feeling. He was dissapointed, angry, sad, hurt. He couldn't point the main emotion he was feeling.

"Did it happen again?" Ain spoke softly.

Youngjo didn't answer anything. She saw how tensed he was and tried to grabbed his hand but Youngjo didn't let her, quickly retracting his hand away.

"Honey.." Ain tried calling him.

"Stop. How many times have this happened? Did you forgot our plan for last night? We promised each other about the date," Youngjo retorted.

"I forgot, okay?" Ain sighed, he rolled his eyes. "Look, why don't we-"

"No. Just stop, please" Youngjo stood up, clearly hurt by how she was acting but he wasn't surprise. "I had enough, you never tried to change. You keep making empty promises and you freaking kissed another man for the nth time!"

"Shut.. up.. " Ain gritted her teeth. Her head was hurting and now he had the audacity to bring up a fight with her. She got up from bed, but was unstable due her feet were wobbling.

"How could I shut up?" Youngjo sneered. "Do you even love me?"

"I Do" Ain answered, monotonous.

"Lies"

"Then, what do you want me to say?" Ain put her hand on her hips.

Youngjo felt a lump in his throat, he was about to say it. He couldn't take it anymore with Ain. It was uncountable of how often this kind of fight between them.

"W-we're over" He confessed and he always hoped those two words doesn't ever come out from his mouth. Yet, here it was.

"What?!" Ain raised her voice in disbelief. She grabbed his arm harshly, nails digging into his skin. Youngjo winced by the pain from her sharp nails.

"Fine, Youngjo! You think somebody want you after this? Be grateful that I'm here to listen to your shitty music" Ain exclaimed, her heart fuming in rage.

Youngjo looked at her with his eyes wide. He could feel the tears forming around his eyes, music was one of his passion and hearing those words from his love.. It turned the world upside down.

Ain used all her might and pushed him away, causing him to trip over his foot. He was expecting to crash into the mirror behind him but the unexpected occurred, a bright light flashed from the mirror causing both of them to shield their eyes.

He slowly regained his conscious and felt the rush of coldness on his body, he was laying on a marble floor. He slowly sat up and looked around, the setting was a very modern living room. He rubbed his eyes, making sure he wasn't dreaming.

"Where the hell am I?" He whispered to himself. This wasn't his humble apartment.

He groaned and looked at reflection from the mirror beside him. He touched the mirror and the reflection of him changed. In exchange, he saw Ain with a horrified face.

"Y-Youngjo? Is that you?" She could see him.

"Ain.." Youngjo called and she flinched in shock. Ain started to laugh maniacally and shook her head with a crazy grin, she was in denial.

Before he knew it, Ain scurried off. Leaving him behind.

"Wait!" Youngjo reached out but couldn't, the barrier of the mirror was stopping him. His fist banging on the mirror multiple times.

"Please! Let me out!" He cried out loud and slid down to his knees, he banged on the mirror many times but it was no use. Nothing budge.

He leaned against the wall, curling himself into a ball. Trembling out of fear, tears won't stop, hiccuping and wheezing. Tugging on his shirt like his life depends on it.

Hours have passed and his new world soon faded into black.

...

"That's the end, and the nightmare of it keeps coming back lately.." Youngjo laughed sadly. Weirdly, he felt an unknown burden lifting off his shoulders after the story was told.

Hayoung didn't say anything. Instead, she came closer to the mirror and few stray tears slipped down on her cheeks. She put both of her palm on the surface of the mirror, the electricity tingled her.

"Oh, Youngjo.. You truly deserve more than anything," Hayoung spoke with a heavy heart. "Thank you for trusting me.."

"Of course, you're also the first one to hear my music after a long time.. And it really helped me a lot. Thank you for not leaving me behind like the others too" Youngjo grinned beautifully.

Hayoung felt her heart fluttering, she wanted to keep the beauty of his smile and eyes forever. She wished there's atleast a way to save him.

.....

Hello! I'm back my lovely readers.. Sorry for the long wait, I just finished my exams and I'm not sure if I could score it hehe :')
But anyway, thank you for waiting and I hope you enjoy this chapter.. Also, thank you for the 700 reads and 70 votes! I love you guys so much! That's all from me, see you in the next chapter.
Goodbye and have a good day my fellow readers! 🌸💕