Chapter 16

She sat on the white L-shaped sofa, a wide screen television infront of her was playing the drama she didn't catch up for a long time. She was genuinely surprised it was still going, it should be over by now as it's grand finale was closer during last time she saw it.

He sat beside her, she immediately grabbed the remote from the glass coffee table and shut off the television. It was dead silent in his mansion. Her eyes looked at the sky outside peeking from the covered windows.

"What is it?" He started, playfully.

"Did you have to do it?" She gritted her teeth, not meeting his gaze.

"what?" Taejun looked at her, the playful smile turned into a frown.

"Don't play dumb. Why do you need to do it?" She asked again, blood boiling in her.

"I did it for us.." Taejun sighed. His mind clicked on what was talking about and he didn't like it. Did the man he paid millions of, failed him?

"Us?! Don't make me laugh!" Hayoung abruptly stood up from the sofa. "That is absurd! He almost got hit by a car because of you, damn it! He almost lost his life!"

"Well, isn't it better if you didn't know anything.. Then, we could go like we used to! He almost cause us to f*cking break up!" Taejun raised his voice and she admitted, it was starting to scare her.

"It's your damn fault! We haven't even reached a day! And you already pulled out this sh*t!" She groaned while rolling her eyes. She was trying to hide her small fear, who knows what this man will do next.

He clicked his tongue and averted his eyes away from her, "Why can't you see that I'm doing this for us.. "

"Us? Oh, I'm sorry... I have a new announcement, there's no us anymore" Hayoung blurted out, she couldn't think rationally due to her rage.

He turned his head towards her, his eyes wide as ever. She was also taken back by her mouth, her usual self definitely wouldn't have the guts to tell him the whole sentence .

"What.." His face was fuming.

She gulped, her heart started to beat faster. Her palms were getting sweaty, she was ready to get out of the place. She took a shaky breath.

"I said.. There's no us anymore, I had enough!" she snapped.

She quickly turned her heels and started to run towards the door, outside of the suffocating place. She was grateful as she only brought her phone and was wearing sneakers, thanks to Youngjo's choice. If not, she would be having difficulty running in heels.

She ran, not looking behind. She didn't know why, tears were starting to form around her eye and slowly dripping down her face. Why was she crying? She couldn't explain the overwhelming feeling she was having. Was it relief? Dissapointment? Broken? Freedom?

That wasn't how she planned, she tried her best to avoid cutting him off in a bad term or in general but the emotions were swirling inside her until she said something she didn't even intended.

She didn't stop running until she reached infront of a small coffee shop. She looked around and watched the people walking down the streets, identifying if there's anybody she know and wanting to prevent herself from being seen by him. How far did she ran? Which part of the city was she in? All she knew that she was still in the area within his grasp.

She was panting and she was starting to wheeze, her legs couldn't walk another meter. She entered the cafe and sat beside the window, dialling Minseo's number. The scent of coffee managed to help her catch her breath, the coffee shop looked fairly new as there were few customers.