(L)

a/n: bonus chapter 2!!

has anyone read any good brooke davis fics? I loved trouvaille by sansasrose and I really want to find more

****

"No pressure, but this has to be perfect," Kylie said sweetly as we left the apartment. Knowing my best friend, she was enjoying the sight of me flustered. She shuddered at the cold winter breeze, but I couldn't love it more. Winter in New York was magical, and it had become my favourite time of year. I was taking the younger Jenner out for coffee, to pick her brain for ideas on how to propose to her sister.

"No shit," I replied, unable to keep myself from rolling my eyes. I loved Kendall, but having my best friend be her sister added a whole extra layer of pressure; if I messed this up, I'd be answering to the most dramatic Jenner (well, after Kris). "Can't we just elope," I sighed, much to Kylie's amusement.

"We're just planning the proposal. We don't even know she's going to say yes," she teased, smiling to herself until she saw the look on my face. "Okay, my bad."

As we walked towards my favourite coffee shop, Kylie's pace quickened. She immediately abandoned me to answer a call, heading into a booth and leaving me to order.

It had become a habit to pick something up for Kendall whenever I went anywhere without her. Kylie insisted that I was whipped, but I couldn't help the fact that I loved making my girlfriend smile. Besides, in the bedroom? I'd say Kendall was pretty keen to please. I bought a cinnamon scroll to take home for Kendall, and ordered two cold brews for me and Kylie.

"Boring," she pouted, as I slid the coffee over towards her. "Anyway, I called someone to help," she smiled, motioning over towards the door. I frowned sceptically - Kylie's ideas of helping were normally the exact opposite.

After my break up with Kendall, I had confided in Kylie about wanting to see someone casually. I happened to have mentioned someone I had in mind. Instead of just talking to me about it, my best friend drove me to his place, walked me to his door and then drove off without me.

Luckily, Kylie had since matured, and had actually been incredibly thoughtful. The last thing I was expecting was for my brother to walk through the door, but I rushed to hug him.

"Ryan!" I exclaimed, holding onto him tightly, as I processed that my older brother was really in New York.

"Hi," he smiled, waving at Kylie once I'd finally let go. Ryan was lucky enough to share my genes, so he wasn't ageing too badly, and unfortunately Kylie was taking notice.

I pulled him towards our booth to find Kylie staring at my brother with a stupid smile on her face. I stared at her incredulously, as she mouthed to me that he was hot. Swiftly kicking her under the table, I turned my attention back to my brother.

"I'm proposing to Kendall," I blurted out before he'd had the chance to even take off his jacket.

"No way!" He grinned, looking genuinely surprised. "My baby sister's all grown up." He wrapped an arm around me, and from across the table, Kylie's eyes gravitated towards my brother's bicep.

I narrowed my eyes at Kylie, before asking if the two of them had any actual ideas. Ryan asked what our first date had been, and I thought back to how Kendall had taken me out to a viewpoint in California for a picnic. Milkshake and cookies, it was so simple but it had been perfect.

"Ky, do you remember that cookie recipe?" I asked my friend, snapping her out of her daydreaming. She nodded, and we began to form an actual plan. "If I go ring shopping, can I trust you with my brother while you make the cookies?" I asked her.

Ryan shot me a confused look, while Kylie nodded eagerly, jumping up and placing a hand on his other bicep.

"He's in safe hands," she reassured me.

I nodded unconvinced, laughing, as Ryan mouthed "am I?"

****

Picking out the ring was simple. Kendall had looked at rings enough times for Tiffany's to put aside a ring exclusively for Miss Kendall Jenner. I headed to Tiffany's, milkshakes in hand and realised I needed to hand them over to the doorman.

Despite the ring being the most important part of the proposal, the milkshakes felt like precious cargo. I reluctantly handed them over, with the man promising to take good care of them.

After securing the ring, I rushed back outside to rescue the milkshakes, tipping the man $100 for taking good care of them, and headed back home to Kendall. I had booked out the observatory floor of the Empire State Building for midnight - all I needed was my girl.

Kendall was sceptical when I asked to take her out just before midnight, but not as sceptical as I was of Kylie, when she promised she'd behave herself, home alone with my brother. I called in Zayn and Gigi as reinforcement, much to Ryan's relief.

"Do you trust me?" I asked Kendall, as we pulled up outside the Empire State Building.

"With my life," she responded sweetly, making me smile as I pulled out a blindfold.

"I just need to blindfold you," I clarified.

"Kinky," the model teased, much to the amusement of our cab driver.

I led my girlfriend into the building and straight into the elevator, making our way to our reserved floor.

"We're here," I whispered as I took off her blindfold, watching as Kendall took in all of New York. Kendall gasped as she realised that we had the floor to ourselves, before pulling me close and kissing me passionately. "I love you," I whispered, my forehead resting against hers. "Can you grab that blanket?" I asked sweetly, pointing at the blanket I'd asked to be placed on the side.

While Kendall was preoccupied with the blanket, I pulled out the box and got down on one knee. My heart was racing as she turned and saw me, her eyes teary as she clutched the blanket closer towards her.

"Yes," she sobbed, running closer.

"You have to let me ask," I smiled, looking up at her. She nodded, moving closer so she could cup my face gently. "Will you marry me, Kendall Nicole Jenner?"

"As if that was a question," she sobbed, kissing me softly as I slid the ring on her finger. "Yes," she added, as I pulled away grinning. The inner band of the ring was engraved with my initials, and she excitedly told me her plans to get me a ring engraved with KNJ.

"You're going to be my actual, legal, wifey," I smiled, making Kendall giggle as she pulled away.

We set down the blanket and my new fiancé sat on my lap, straddling my waist. I pulled out the same polaroid camera I'd used on our first date, just about managing a few selfies and shots of Kendall and her ring.

"You're incredible," Kendall told me as she rested her head on my shoulder. We split a few cookies which Kendall insisted were missing something without her assistance, but I'd say Ryan distracting Kylie might have had something to do with that. "I'm so ready to settle down with you," Kendall added. "No more foursomes."

We might have slept with Zayn and Gigi a few times, since our initial foursome, but that was all in the past now that we were engaged, and our friends' daughter was getting older.

I frowned as I felt Kendall tense on my lap.

"Milkshake?" I offered her, unsure what was happening. My fiancé accepted the chocolate shake silently, leaving me to think as I sipped my own.

"When did I last have my period?" Kendall asked in a whisper. I couldn't think of the last time, but I knew it had been a while.

"I don't know," I replied honestly, knowing we were both considering the same big possibility. "We'll work it out," I promised the brunette, pressing a tender kiss to her lips, before wrapping my arms around her.