XXXIII

"Are you serious?" Kendall asked blankly as I emerged from the bedroom in clothes from Zayn's line. I frowned at the girl, quickly looking down at my outfit before shrugging.

"Zayn's my man," I grinned, realising my mistake as soon as I noticed Kendall's glare. She ran a hand through her hair while rolling her eyes, walking back to my room to pick out a different outfit for me.

Annoyed Kendall meant an incredibly sexy Kendall, and my gaze never left her as she rooted through my clothes.

"I'm your girl. You can wear the jackets I have from my VS shows, and you can be best friends with Z, but I don't want you repping the guy people think you slept with." She explained.

"What if they think I'm sleeping with you?" I teased my girlfriend.

"Maybe I want them to," Kendall shrugged nonchalantly. I grinned at the older girl, leading her towards my bed.

Once I had changed into a more Kendall-approved outfit, we left to visit Kylie. My best friend had no idea that I was in our home town, knowing that I had planned on spending the holidays in New York.

Ky – 10:21
hOE

10:23
BITCH

Ky – 10:24
I miss you.

10:25
I miss you too Ky

10:25
What're you up to?
delivered

Ky – 10:27
Just at home playing with Normie

I grinned at the mention of Kylie's dog. Norman was her little baby, but his appeal was definitely unusual. He looked like a weird mix of rat and kangaroo, and acted like he was on cocaine all the time, but he was so fucked up it was undeniably adorable.

I told our driver the address we were headed to, and Kendall cuddled into me. I knew that I had been quick with my decision to ask the brunette out, but seeing how happy the older girl was and how happy that made me, I knew that I had made the right decision. We belonged together; she was my person.

Kendall held out her hand for me to hold, giggling when I began tracing patterns on her palm. I gently took the girl's hand in my own, pressing a light kiss against the back of the hand before interlocking our fingers. She sighed contently as she relaxed against me. We spent much of the brief ride to Kylie's just enjoying the opportunity to be with each other.

I called Kylie as soon as we arrived, bringing up how much I missed my best friend. Kendall rolled her eyes playfully at my game, knowing what I was trying to do to her sister. She eventually got bored of waiting, and took my hand, leading me to Kylie's door herself. I bit my lip nervously; I was so excited to see my best friend's reaction I just didn't want to mess anything up. Sensing my nerves, Kendall rang the doorbell herself, positioning me in front of the door while she stepped aside.

"Hold on a minute babe, someone's at the door," Kylie informed me while I held back a giggle. Kylie swung the door open with her phone held tightly to her ear, and yet still dropped it as soon as she saw me. "Y/N/N," she screamed, running up to me and throwing her arms around me. Kylie buried her face into my neck to hide the tears I could feel her unable to hold back, while I held her tightly in my arms. "I can't believe you're here," she whispered quietly, just loud enough for me to hear.

"I'm home, Ky," I giggled as my best friend clung to me even tighter. The younger girl squealed as she leant up to kiss my cheek.

"Okay, thank you Kylie," Kendall mumbled while Kylie continued to hold me tightly, refusing to let her sister near me. Kylie insisted that we had best friend time to catch up on, and attempted to shoo her sister away, earning a loud laugh from me. "But she's my girlfriend," Kendall argued weakly.

"Yes, and she was my best friend first. Come back later. Bye bye Kenny!" Kylie called as she pulled me inside her house, shutting the door on Kendall behind us. I couldn't help but laugh at my best friend's persistence against her sister. "Okay, spill."

****

Kylie had somehow succeeded in convincing me to join the Kardashian Jenner family for dinner; yet standing outside Kris Jenner's home I was already regretting my decision. The youngest Jenner stood firmly by my side, reassuring me that her family were my family. I wasn't convinced but I figured I had little to lose.

"There's my favourite daughter," Kris exclaimed with a wide smile as we walked in. "And Y/N. I didn't know you were bringing a guest, honey," the woman added as she clearly referenced my presence.

"I can leave," I offered with a tight lipped smile. The older woman was far from excited to see me, and currently, escaping seemed like a great option. Following my break up with her daughter those years ago, Kris Jenner had kept a grudge for me supposedly breaking Kendall's heart.

"Stay. You just got here," Kendall smiled warmly as she appeared by my side. "Ignore her, you have us," she added a little quieter so that only Kylie and I could hear. I reciprocated her smile gratefully, and walked further into the house with her and her sister by my side.

The dinner table was awkward to say the least, I had my girlfriend and my best friend sat either side of me for moral support, while Khloe sat opposite me. Like her mother, the Kardashian had turned a little cold towards me, and so I was now avoiding her gaze while I emptied another glass of water.

"So why are you back?" Khloe asked bluntly as I placed my glass back on the table. I choked a little at the bitter tone to the older girl's question, leading Kendall to squeeze my hand reassuringly under the table.

"Because she's my best friend?" Kylie asked somewhat annoyed. I had accepted the family's attitude towards me, however Kylie literally could not. We had been best friends for five years now, and we were closer than anybody; when me and her sister broke up she was more concerned about me than Kendall, and I knew I could always count on Kylie.

Khloe rolled her eyes as though she was bored, while Kim sipped her wine as though it were tea. I felt somewhat defeated by the older girls' attitude; while I had expected it, I hadn't anticipated just how draining it might be.

"Because she's my girlfriend." Kendall added calmly.

A/N: Vote and comment to let me know what you think x