XL

A/N: this weekend was such a blur, but finally here's your update

I woke up cuddled up to a pillow, finding myself alone in my bed. After showering, I quickly slipped into some Calvin Klein underwear and an old sweatshirt. Tip-toeing out of my bedroom, I made my way towards the kitchen where Kendall was pouring cups of coffee.

"Morning Kenny," I smiled as I saw my girlfriend's features light up as she noticed me.

"Morning baby," she replied with a grin, making her way towards me. She wrapped her arms around my waist, pulling my body into hers as I leant in to kiss her. Our kisses were cut short by Kendall smiling against my lips, laughing as I pulled away questioningly. "You still taste of toothpaste," she explained while I rolled my eyes affectionately.

Kendall smirked as she gently traced over the marks she had made on my neck; memories of last night before flooded my mind, and it definitely put me in a good mood.

I reluctantly left my girlfriend to wake up Kaia; her mom, Cindy, was expecting me to drop her off home. Kaia stirred slightly as I entered the room with a glass of water. I gently shook the girl, laughing as she began to smile lazily back at me.

"Hey cutie, let's get you up and showered," I began while Kaia smiled back at me. I was glad the younger girl wasn't hungover – we definitely didn't have time for that. "You smell of sex," I added while Kaia rolled her eyes at me.

"Well... Why don't you?" She asked, sounding genuinely confused. I laughed, leaving Kaia to shower while I picked out clothes for her to wear – there was no way I was letting the girl do the walk of shame home after her first time.

I sat with my girlfriend, eating a bagel, while we waited for our younger friend to join us. Kendall played with my fingers before I interlocked them, giving her hand a squeeze and smiling as I watched my girlfriend's smile grow.   

"I love you," I smiled sincerely.

"Fuck, I love hearing you say that," Kendall swooned, running a hand through her head.

"I think the correct answer was 'I love you too', Kenny," I joked while she slapped my arm playfully. Kendall stared lovingly into my eyes, before leaning in to kiss me gently.

"I'm in love with you, too."

Kaia finally joined us, helping herself to a muffin before taking a seat on my lap. My eyes quickly darted towards my girlfriend; I knew the older girl got jealous easily, but I was pleasantly surprised to find Kendall taking a filming us for her snapchat.

After finally finishing breakfast, I grabbed my jacket and slipped into my vans before asking Kaia if she was ready to leave.

"Only if Kenny comes with," Kaia replied, unusually cuddly. Kendall agreed with a laugh, following the glowing younger girl behind me.

****

"Y/N, can I talk to you?" Cindy asked after Kaia had gone inside. I nodded in response to the older woman. "I want to ask you a question about Kaia, and I need you to be honest," the woman added while my eyes widened. Fuck. If this was about last night, I had no idea what I was going to say. "Are you and Kaia.. Dating?" She asked hesitantly, motioning towards my neck.

"What? No." I answered truthfully, burying my neck into my sweatshirt a little further. Kaia's mother laughed at my behaviour, shaking her head while Kendall eyed our interaction looking confused.

"Honey, those are hickies and you know it. I have to say, I'm a little proud of Kaia," Cindy continued as she pulled my sweatshirt back down to expose my neck once again. I laughed awkwardly with the older woman, nodding in agreements.

"They are, Cindy, but I'm dating Kendall, not Kaia," I smiled, taking my girlfriend's hand in my own.

Kendall smiled back at me, squeezing my hand a little as she stepped closer towards me so that we were stood together. Cindy, meanwhile, stared back at the two of us sceptically. The older woman crossed her arms as she gave us a look of what could only be disbelief.

"You and Kendall?" She confirmed, her gaze flickering between the two of us before breaking out into a hearty laugh. Kendall and I glanced at each other, feeling somewhat offended, while the older model took a moment to realise that she should stop. "Oh, you were serious."

Kendall and I nodded awkwardly, quickly ending our conversation with Cindy before making our way home.

****

I couldn't understand why people  struggled to comprehend my relationship with Kendall. First Kendall's mom, then the Kardashian sisters, and now Cindy Crawford. It felt like they were all opposed to us for some secret reason, which only Kendall and I were not privy to.

"Maybe it's like, a sign," Kendall suddenly suggested. I furrowed my brows in confusion, asking the older girl to clarify what she meant. "You know, it's like the world is against us being together. We can't just ignore that, can we?" She frowned.

"Babe, my mom loves you, and Kylie, Z, Kaia and Gigi support us," I tried reassuring my girlfriend.

Kendall sighed heavily, staring up at the ceiling from her position on the couch, while practically ignoring my words.

"Aside from them, my entire family and practically everybody else are unsupportive; that has got to be a sign!" Kendall exclaimed, raising her voice a little.

"Kendall, if you keep looking for signs, you're going to find them," I replied tensely, trying not to snap.

"Please don't call me that," my girlfriend asked, preferring the nicknames I used over her actual name.

"I'm sorry babe, do you prefer girlfriend, or ex-girlfriend?" I asked sarcastically, while Kendall simply rolled her eyes at me in response. She refused to answer, instead continuing to stare up at the ceiling. "You can't just give up on us when shit gets tough, Kendall. You know what, I can't do this right now," I huffed, trying to calm down. "I'm just gonna go to work," I added, while rooting through a draw in search of my office lanyard.

"It's a Sunday?" Kendall more asked than stated, tilting her head to one side.

"Fine. I'll go out for a drink," I shrugged, buttoning up my jacket.

"You aren't legal?" my girlfriend reminded me with a laugh. I glared at her, allowing myself to fall back onto the couch feeling somewhat defeated.

I couldn't understand why Kendall was looking for excuses to give up on our relationship; we were happy together, at least I thought we were. The silence which followed was awkward. We were by no means broken up, but our relationship was far from stable.

A/N: only another 8 or so chapters