XLIV

A/N: it's the 1st of June and I'm back as promised

"Can I kiss you?"

I squinted in response to the abundance of sunlight illuminating the room, making Kendall's skin glow, as I attempted to wake up. My girlfriend offered me a warm smile, evidently still awaiting an answer.

"You always can, but you're the cutest for asking," I smiled at the older girl who wasted no time in making a move. She pressed her lips against mine softly at first, before pinning me against the bed's headboard. Our kisses grew passionate quickly, and as my tongue was granted access into the brunette's mouth I couldn't be more thankful for naps; naps meant no morning breath to deal with, and more kisses with Kendall.

"Stop thinking," the brunette demanded in between peppering kisses along my jawline. Tangling her hands in my hair, she pulled me in for another searing kiss, leaving my lips swollen.

I would never usually turn down spending the day in bed with my girlfriend, but my parents had invited me and Kendall to dinner and I was beyond excited. The fact that my parents wanted to get to know my girlfriend meant a lot to me, and I knew that Kendall was determined to win over my parents.

"You're so pretty." I kissed the brunette's neck softly as she checked how her outfit looked in the mirror. Kendall blushed lightly at my words, wrapping my arms around her so that the mirror reflected the two of us. We looked good together – definitely relationship goals for '20gayteen'.

"You're breath taking," Kendall flirted back cheesily, frowning as I failed to hold back my laughter. "Saying you look like a fucking daddy didn't seem like it had the same charm," she shrugged, smirking as she watched me choke in response to her words.

****

I held the cab door open for Kendall after we had stopped in front of my parents' apartment building, tipping the driver before walking towards the building with my arm resting around my girlfriend's waist.

"Shit, I'm scared babe," Kendall admitted as we passed the doorman. I took her hand in mine, allowing the older girl to squeeze tightly as she tried to ignore her nerves. "I've never met parents while actually caring this much. Fuck, I feel like I'm stepping in to the whole world of Gossip Girl," she joked as the elevator attendant took us to the top floor, my parents' penthouse apartment.

"Watch out for Dan, I hear he's a dick," I joked in response to Kendall's remark about the show. "They'll love you," I reassured the girl cuddled into my side. We kissed briefly, before stepping out of the elevator into the apartment.

I couldn't hold back my smile as my parents spotted us; my mom rushed straight to Kendall while my dad quickly pulled me into a tight hug. Still holding me tight in his embrace, my father introduced himself to my girlfriend with a proud smile on his face.

My parents didn't cook often but when they did it was nothing short of divine, so I was surprised to smell burning coming from the kitchen.

"Surprise!" Ryan grinned as he unintentionally continued to burn something on the stove. Quickly taking the pan of burning chilli oil off the heat, I tried not to inhale the fumes before finally dragging him out of the kitchen.

"Wow Ryan, I think that actually fucked up my lungs more than my smoking," I pretended to congratulate my brother, who in turn rolled his eyes playfully. Opening his arms, I assumed I was being offered a hug as compensation, only to find myself being lifted off the ground and spun around.

"And when have you fucking been fucking smoking, mija?" My mother questioned with a stern glare, leading to me burying my head into Ryan's shoulder to avoid having to answer her.

"Anybody for wine?" My dad distracted, calmly diffusing the situation and leading us towards their dining table. Kendall held my hand as we walked over, seeming visibly more relaxed with the situation and more comfortable around my family. As he poured glasses of wine for everyone, I swiftly handed one to my girlfriend, before reaching for my own. Before I could bring the glass towards me, my mother swatted my hand away leaving me wincing silently.

"Yeah, that's not happening. I'll bring you some jugo de naranja, honey." The older woman laughed at me as she walked towards the kitchen, proving that she meant every word.

"But I don't really want jugo, mamá," I whined as Kendall laughed with the older woman.

"Y/N, when did I fucking ask?" she laughed loudly in response from the kitchen.

****

My parents smiled gleefully as they dug out some old photos from my childhood, spreading them out to ensure my girlfriend got a good view. Ryan groaned as he buried his face further into the couch, jokingly begging our parents to hide all the evidence of his early high school emo phase.

"And here's baby Y/N posing in the bath!" My mother continued, eagerly passing on the print to Kendall. I tried to pry the photo from their hands, but both my mother and girlfriend held on to it as though it was their most prized possession. "Mija, it's nothing she hasn't seen before."

Kendall blushed lightly at her words while I found myself becoming more embarrassed than I thought ever possible.

"About that, Kendall, honey, is my baby doing okay in the bedroom? I know she used to be a little bit shy with pretty girls – never had any problem with the boys, but I can have a little talk with her if you want," my mother offered casually.

"Oh no, honestly I'm happy," Kendall smiled back nervously, "she's actually really good with all that-"

"Thank you," I interrupted the women, satisfied that I had more than surpassed my embarrassment quota for the year.

"I was just looking out for your girlfriend, mija. You'll thank me later," she shrugged nonchalantly. "Oh wait, you already did," she added, making herself laugh and encouraging Kendall to join her.

I rolled my eyes at my mother's antics, but as insane as her contributions to the conversation were, I was immensely thankful that two of the most important people in my life were getting on so well.

"I love you," Kendall whispered as I wrapped my arms around her. She continued her conversation with my parents, making them smile as she continued to win them over.

"I love you more," I replied almost instantly, making my girlfriend laugh lightly.

"Nah," Kendall smiled with her eyes twinkling a little, before kissing my cheek. The childish part of me was desperate to fight with my girlfriend on the matter, but hearing that from Kendall meant everything to me. Running my hands through her hair, I quickly leant in for a proper kiss, leaving her blushing as we pulled away. Holding the older girl tight against me, I knew that the model was the one person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

A/N: I missed you guys, let me know what you think of the chapter