XXII

A/N: Please comment guys because I love talking to you!! Letting me know what you think really helps and I might be able to include things you want to see x

Y/N POV:

"Could I have the lights moved a little to the left please?" I requested as I set up my equipment for the photo shoot. The camera was my own, so I felt mostly at ease in my new environment, where interns scurried from place to place delivering coffee orders, while I ran test shots of Kaia.

The young model looked incredible; in fact, she never did cease to amaze most people. As she had promised, she spent days on end with me, practicing mini photoshoots to boost my confidence. So when it came to the actual photoshoot, everything ran smoothly. I was confident I had a good number of shots of Kaia for the brand to choose from.

"Sorry I'm late," an older brunette strolled in, rather unapologetically. Looking up from my camera I found my ex-girlfriend being prepped to join Kaia on set. My luck really did outdo itself. It took every ounce of control in me to stop myself from rolling my eyes and focus on being professional. The older girl looked rather surprised to see me; flashing me a small smile when she caught my eye.

Kendall Jenner confused me. While our relationship had ended a long time ago, I never did receive the closure I needed to process the end of what we had. I had so many questions, and having to photograph my admittedly, incredibly gorgeous ex was definitely making life harder. Occasionally Kendall glanced charmingly past the camera towards me, leaving me both captivated and confused.

The following fifty shots felt like forever, and so when the shoot director called it a day, I found myself quietly slipping out through the back of the studio and lighting up. Exhaling the toxic fumes, it felt almost as though my heavy mind was beginning to lighten. After hearing the click of heels approaching me, I panicked and began frantically looking for somewhere to abandon my cigarette.

"I didn't know you smoked," Kaia smiled reassuringly. Her chill approach left me wondering what on earth I had done to deserve this absolute angel.

"I wasn't expecting company," I admitted, staring at the floor feeling a strong sense of disgust in myself and my habit. The younger girl didn't respond to my evident discomfort, instead sitting on the street curb alongside me, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Can I try one?" Kaia asked in the same light tone, her head still resting upon me. I immediately shook my head before pausing – realising how hypocritical I had been. I didn't want to influence the younger girl with my bad habits but somehow, I felt the situation wasn't entirely in my control anyway - a shitty excuse, I know. I couldn't bring myself to do it to her.

I tipped my head back, closing my eyes as I inhaled. Before I could exhale soft lips met mine. As my eyes fluttered open I saw Kaia smile at me, as she blew out the smoke.

"Why are we shotgunning? That wasn't weed Kai," I asked with a grin, as Kaia shifted to sit in my lap, running a hand through my hair. She giggled as she glanced into my eyes, before her gaze flickered down towards my lips.

"Maybe I just wanted an excuse to do this," she responded, before pressing her lips firmly against mine once again. I kissed back, taking her bottom lip between my own, sucking it gently before grazing my teeth against it as I pulled away. I smiled as she wrapped her arms around me, making me forget all about the prior thoughts which had almost consumed me during the photoshoot. Despite our intimate moment, I had a strong feeling there was no romance attached.

"Wait, Kai, I need you to know that friendship with me isn't sleeping with me." I joked. "I know things with Zayn are confused, but I don't want to sleep with you, I really want to be your best friend," I added sincerely. She nodded, smiling at me still.

****

"One hazelnut latte please," I faltered, as I spotted a familiar brunette approaching behind me. "... And a caramel macchiato. Soy milk," I added, deciding I could be friendly. Kendall sauntered over towards me with a playful smile gracing her features. "What? Don't act so surprised that I know you, Jenner," I laughed. She nudged my shoulder with her own cheerfully, pushing an envelope into my hands. I flashed a questioning grin at the girl, who merely shrugged in response.

Kendall collected our drinks while I read the envelope's contents. I was being requested to photograph a Calvin Klein photoshoot – at Miss Kendall N Jenner's special request? She giggled as she watched my reaction.

"Think of it as me trying to apologise. I know this could never cover it, but I'm working on it," she admitted with a tone of sincerity. I was surprised by the older girl to say the least, but the hopeful smile playing upon the brunette's lips was enough to get my heart racing. "Oh, and I was hoping that maybe after the shoot you could come to dinner at mine?" She continued, while I froze. Was she – "as friends? With other friends! You can even bring a date if you want to!" she hastily added, sensing my apprehension. I smiled at the girl's panicked state, and tried to hold back a laugh.

"I'd love to," I replied calmly, in attempt to reassure the girl.

"Great! So it's a date!" She exclaimed, before immediately regretting her choice of words. "I mean-"

"I've got to go now Kendall, but it was lovely seeing you," I cut the rambling model off; flashing my best smile at her, before taking off with my latte.

As I walked away I thought about what I had just gotten myself into. I had gone from acting cold as fuck towards the girl, to sending her the sweetest smiles I could muster. What the actual fuck.

09:34

dinner at KJ's next week and you're my date. Be my man for the evening?

delivered

Zayn – 09:37

say no more x

****

A/N: We're getting back to you x Kenny I promise!! Thank you for reading, please vote and comment to let me know what you think x