Chapter 18

"So, baby," Emily said casually, reaching over to stroke JJ's long blonde hair as she focused on the dark highway in front of them, "I was thinking I might write a book."

JJ snorted. "You've been saying that ever since we met and all you do is type on your stupid laptop for hours, editing other people's books, with absolutely nothing of your own to show for it."

"Not nothing," Emily replied defensively. "I write."

"Oh, yeah? What do you write?"

"Well ..." She hesitated. "I write erotic fiction for websites under a pseudonym. I don't get paid for it, but they're - OK, do you remember Fifty Shades of Grey?"

"You know I read about ten pages of that trash before throwing it away." JJ rolled her eyes.

"But did you know it started as fanfiction about the Twilight book series?"

"As .. what?" JJ asked in disbelief. "You mean ..."

"Yep, darling. It started as a little, innocent story about Bella and Edward's ... how shall I say it ... proclivities for BDSM and became a best-seller a hundred times over," Emily responded triumphantly, reaching behind her head to pull her black hair into a loose ponytail. "I write for those sites. You have no idea how many followers I have, how many reviews my stories get! Personally, I'd choose that over cash any day of the week."

"So you write about the Twilight characters having ..."

"Oh, no!" Emily interrupted her, relishing the wide-eyed look of incredulity on JJ's face. Relishing the knowledge that, at some point, JJ would log onto those sites to find the fanfiction she'd been secretly writing for years after Garcia had excitedly introduced her to the concept one day at work. "I write about Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. About the soft yet tough ADA Alexandra Cabot being seduced by the secretive, irresistible Olivia Benson."

"It sounds ... it sounds like us," JJ stammered, keeping her eyes fixed in front of her.

"That's why I started writing it," Emily cooed, forcing herself to suppress any unnecessary side remarks about profiling. "I wanted to express all of my fantasies ... um, and all of our experiences, of course ... on paper so I could return to them again and again when you worked those agonizingly-late nights."

"So which is your favorite? I mean, your favorite one you've written about us?" JJ wanted to know, her voice a throaty whisper.

"Probably ..." Emily paused, mentally reviewing the numerous fantasies she'd written about them using the two television characters as a barely-concealed disguise. "Probably the time it was my birthday and I said I wanted to skip my normal tiramisu and have you for dessert instead. When I covered you in melted chocolate, whipped cream, and strawberries and took about an hour licking it all off of you. Remember? You kept begging me to skip the rest of your body and you were trembling so much the strawberry on your pussy kept falling down onto the carpet."

"And then when you finally got there ..." JJ prompted her, shivering slightly.

"First I took the strawberry in my mouth and rubbed it against you. Slowly. You pushed my head against you so hard I almost choked on it!" Emily laughed. "After that, I ate the strawberry ... and then I ate the very best part of my dessert."

JJ shivered again, goosebumps visibly appearing on her skin, and Emily asked innocently, "Alexandra, are you cold?"

"No." JJ swallowed hard. "I'm too ... I'm too hot, actually."

Emily leaned back in her seat and put her hand on JJ's leg. "We're almost there, sweetheart. We'll be there in about half an hour, according to these directions. I know you can wait. Think about how much more amazing it will be if you wait."

After a short period of silence, JJ eventually spoke, briefly glancing over at Emily. "Do you want to know what my favorite memory is?"

"Of course."