Chapter 30

After they parted ways, awkwardly waving good-bye, Emily opened the door and leaned against it, frowning. There had to be more to the profile than just a large delivery of sex toys, right? After all, how many sex toys had she ordered from Babes in Toyland in the past? Emily hated being so close to her team and yet so far away. She wanted so badly to be in that room, brainstorming with them ...

And yet, as her eyes strayed up to the white-carpeted stairs and the half-closed bedroom door, right now she wanted to be in that room with JJ even more.

Quietly, Emily crept up the stairs so as not to awaken JJ if she'd taken a sedative to calm down or if she was merely resting and trying to process the experience of being undercover.

And that's when she heard the sounds. Grunting. Covers shuffling. Muffled cries of pain.

Emily instinctively reached for her gun - forgetting, momentarily, that she didn't have a gun anymore - and instead grabbed the nearest item from the cabinet in the hallway outside of the bedroom. A metal candlestick. Not the most lethal way to take down an unsub, but between her FBI training and the element of surprise, she felt confident that she could hold her own in a fight, even if that fight involved a small metal object against an armed weapon.

She burst into the bedroom, candlestick raised and fully prepared to crack down on the intruder's skull, when she blinked in surprise, realizing that there was no intruder. JJ was the only one in the room, and the sounds she'd heard were JJ trying to prop up the Lesbian Sex book with her left hand while masturbating furiously underneath the blanket with her right.

While Emily tried to compose herself, JJ guiltily flung the book to the side of the bed and raised both of her hands. "What are you doing?" JJ demanded. "You scared the shit out of me!"

Breathing hard, adrenaline still pumping through her veins, Emily sat down on the edge of the bed and managed to reply, "I heard noises. I thought it might be - I thought you might be in trouble ..." She dropped the candlestick and reached over to pick up the book that JJ had tossed aside. "So please, do tell me which chapter excited you so much that I could hear you from the bottom of the stairs?"

JJ blushed and stammered, "I - I wasn't. I was just flipping through."

"Hmmm," Emily murmured, carefully placing the two ends of the book on the bed to see which pages stood up based on the location of the newly-cracked spine. "Either it was 'S&M: An Advanced Guide' or 'Tribbing 101'. And I'm going to take an educated guess here that you're not interested in being bitten and whipped with a studded collar choking your neck."

JJ blushed. "Those pictures ... not the S&M ones; the other ones ... They're just so ..."

Emily glanced at the images of women engaged in tribbing: the first set of pages, depicting a step-by-step series of how to do it in the missionary position, were stuck together, indicating that those were the pages that JJ was holding so tightly while she was touching herself. "One of my favorite things to do," she sighed to herself, lost in the memories of how her first lover had shown her the sense of intimacy and connectedness such a position could bring when she'd mounted her and rubbed their genitals together. How, after their breakup, Emily had often brought herself to orgasm by humping a pillow, a technique she'd never considered before meeting Stephanie.

Suddenly snapped back into reality by JJ's expression - a mixture of curiosity and ... wait, was that jealousy? - Emily swallowed and asked her, "What part of it turns you on so much?"

JJ averted her gaze, raising her knees to place her arms around them. "I guess ... the way it's like making love to a guy ... except there's a tenderness there that I never felt with a guy before ... and the ... the ..." Her breathing accelerated and her voice turned into a whisper. "The idea of ... of you pressed up directly against me like that ..." She shivered involuntarily. "I didn't know ... I didn't know how to ask you ... how to ask you for it ... so I just imagined it ..." Another shiver passed perceptibly through her body.

Listening to JJ describe her fantasies had turned Emily on so much that she shifted her weight on the bed, trying to clamp her thighs together to reduce her growing arousal, which only served to place additional pressure between her legs and enhance her excitement. Acting on pure instinct, she stood and pulled off her clothing, standing silently in front of JJ. It was her move now. Her decision.