Chapter 14

To her surprise, JJ crawled over to the passenger side and sat in Emily's lap, letting her unzip and pull down her jeans so they were around her ankles. "That's when I put my palm between us and began to rub you, exactly like this. You loved it. I could tell you loved it. You started grinding against my hand, just like you're doing now."

"I was feeling ... so many mixed feelings at once," JJ offered, trying to continue the story. "I wanted to kiss you."

"But you didn't," Emily added quickly when JJ began to move her mouth toward Emily's. "You didn't want to be responsible for anything that happened between us. And I didn't want to go too far, so I never reached inside your panties, even though I wanted to ... to touch you directly so badly ..."

JJ let out a distinct groan of disappointment. "So ... you just kept stroking me over my underwear?"

"Yes. But I pressed my palm hard against your clit, rubbing forcefully. You lifted your hips right when I switched over to my fingers. I put my middle and third fingers where I could feel you were most aroused and began to move them in circles. And you were responding ..."

"Oh, Em ... Oh, Ms. Cook," JJ moaned.

"I did it until you ..."

Before Emily could finish her sentence, JJ cried out, "I'm coming!" as her body shook and her fists clenched into tight balls against the armrest. She rode the climax out, without a word from Emily, eventually collapsing forward.

"And then I leaned back and kissed you," JJ continued, raising her head to meet Emily's lips, once Emily had removed her hand and she'd recovered from her orgasm.

"No," Emily replied quickly, moving away. "You didn't, Alexandra. You pulled down your skirt and you ran out of that room, leaving me wondering if I'd just ruined my pathetic, meager job over you."

JJ reluctantly pulled up her jeans, visibly disappointed, and returned to the driver's side, not speaking.

"You stopped attending class. You'd obtain the material from another student and have them deliver your papers on the due date. For your final project, you chose to analyze lesbian relationships in contemporary literature, concluding that most of them contained the underlying theme of the experienced, predatory temptress and the young, confused first-timer who was seduced into an encounter or a relationship by a sudden magnetic attraction. Your final sentence was a question: 'if the innocent lamb hadn't been stalked and ultimately consumed by the scheming wolf, would she have ever recognized those hidden desires at all - and, more importantly, would she have been better off without such an awakening?'" Emily paused. "It was the weakest sentence you'd ever written in a paper before and it was a clear message to me. So I gave you a C-plus, by far the lowest grade I'd ever given you."

"Of course, I wanted to know why. But it was also an excuse to see you," JJ continued, back in character, "because I still had an A-minus in a class that didn't even count toward my MBA, where I'd received straight A's and had already set my sights on some amazing post-grad prospects."

"I was waiting for you," Emily said, staring out the window. "I waited in my office for an extra hour, hoping you'd show up. And you did. You were shaking. You closed the door behind you and you said ..."

"I can't stop thinking about you," JJ interrupted, her own voice trembling. "I can't make myself stop wanting you, Emily ... I mean, Ms. Cook."

"I told you to call me by my first name. To call me Vivian. I stroked your thigh, just like I did in that classroom a few months earlier. Just like I'm doing now. Your back arched exactly like that. That's when I knew you wanted this. When I knew you wanted me." Emily watched as JJ's legs widened, relishing the desperate need in her sky blue eyes when she looked directly at Emily. "I asked you if you wanted to have a glass of wine at my apartment to further explore some of the issues in your term paper."

"I said yes," JJ blurted out. "Please tell me I said yes."

"Of course you said yes, Alexandra. And now that we've spent all this time discussing how we met, I'm so turned on by the memories of those first experiences I don't think I can take it any longer. What do you think about stopping at a motel room for a few hours at the next exit?"

Emily could tell that JJ found it unnerving: the ease with which she'd developed her newfound persona and managed to stay true to it. But they were going undercover. There was no room for mistakes. So, as JJ pulled off the shoulder of the highway, Emily murmured, "That's where we left Emily Prentiss and Jennifer Jareau. Right there. From now on, it's just you and me: Alexandra Brewster and Vivian Cook. Can you handle that?"

JJ nodded with some visible trepidation, until she felt Emily's warm breath on her neck. "Then you'd better find a motel soon, Alexandra, because if you don't, I might have to start touching myself right here in the car. I want you so much right now."

"I want you, too ... Vivian," JJ answered.

It was official.

Their undercover love story had begun.