Cruel Intentions- Ch. 40

Dedicated to LornSmellsLike because i was frightenly yet funny put onto her reading list called "IF YOU DON'T UPDATE SOON IMMA DROP KICK ON YO FACE." now if that isn't motivation to post something, then i dont know what is. lol, jk. with all jokes aside, this is the last chapter i'm posting because one: i feel bad about my inconsistency, Two: making you all wait so freaking long, Three: I want to give you all something new while you wait for me to finish the rest of the book. That way, it'll probably take me a couple months to finish it, only because I now have three jobs, college, and a skype job interview coming up determining if im moving out to california or not by the end of february, ANYWAYS when i finish the book, i'll be able to update new chapters more frequently and consistently! so hopefully this bit of news makes up for such the long wait and a little longer wait that's to come.

without further ado, i give you the last chapter of cruel intentions... that i upload until i finish the book :-)

Keep Rockin' On 

Julia Eats World

Chapter Forty

A sharp gasp came from my mouth, echoing around the silent bathroom. Being startled awake from a thunderous pounding on heavy wood coupled with skin prickling, freezing bath water started a new cadence to my already erratically beating heart.

Just as fast as my clothes came off was just how fast I removed myself from my now ice bath and into a fluffy white robe, wrapping my hair up in a towel as my Pièce de résistance.

Trying to bring the feeling back into my fingers, I began creating friction between my hands and occasionally blowing warm air on to them, I walked around the dim ensuite and started to lightly blow out my aroma therapy candles I had lit moments before my bath.

The faint glow coming from my bedroom caused me from being casted into complete darkness so maneuvering around the objects lying on the floor wasn’t a difficult task.

Casting the towel that was wrapped around my head into the laundry bin, I grabbed the nearest hair brush I could find and started untangling the rats’ nest that formed in my hair.

Bored, I began walking around the room, continuing the work on my hair, admiring the slight changes Sal had made; which included a few family portraits, an unnecessary jewelry box filled with his family heirlooms, and a new papazon chair in the corner making it feel homier than what it felt like before; a guest bedroom.

I stepped up onto the mattress of my bed and looked around; receiving a better bird’s eye view from the height it gave me.

I jumped a few times testing the springs in the mattress and messing the neatly made bed all at once for good measure. Passing my inspection, I gave it one last bounce before nodding in content and moving on to the pillows next.

Now, what happened next was more comical then actually painful, but still an unfortunate event when temporarily living in a mansion sized house full of rowdy, abrasive men who seem to act... then think.

The thunderous bang from the heavy wooden door from earlier, which I had the misfortune of forgetting about, happened again. Only this time, instead of jumping awake and out of the tub; I shrieked a rather embarrassing girly scream, twisted in the direction of my bedroom door.

Now that may seem all fine and dandy. You may ask “what’s so “comical” about screaming like a girl?” It wasn’t the scream, though that was part of the reason; it was as I was twisting around in shock, both my feet became tangled up in the scrunched up comforter I had so cleverly thought at the time needed a good messing with.

Mixing an unstable balance on and uneven surface with awkwardly twisted feet in sheets only meant one thing: my demise.

Of course I was being dramatic. I certainly wasn’t going to die, but the hysterical scream echoed around the room as I finally tipped over surely made it seem that way. As if it was slow motion, the hair brush flew out of my hand and across the room; twirling round and round, the phrase “big tree, fall hard” echoing in a slow, Giant-like voice, in my mind, and my freshly detangled hair whipped around until the wet strands smacked me in the face and plastered themselves there so I couldn’t see the rest of the fall.