Cruel Intentions- Ch. 28

Chapter TWENTY-EIGHT

my life the past few weeks was as interesting as chess at the moment. It consisted of building my strength back up so I could get back to my normal training, Nate taking me out on a date every Wednesday and Saturday nights- each one was spontaneously different, amazing-, and observing and teaching seven guys- including my brother- with the help of a few fellow fighters, even including striker, and master Chan helping with the rest.

Mr. O'Brady seemed to be on the best behavior he could manage. I had no run-ins or leads with the replica Hispanic hunk I thought I had killed months back. The man with the brass knuckles and white mask was awol since the night I kicked his ass for threatening my family and Nate. And no more sightings from Maverick nor Dashkov which, in fact, was the only comforting information of the bunch; knowing that both men were now underground in Russia; safely away from me, my brother, Nate, and the rest of my family for the time being.

I had finally been given the okay to go running- for the first time in four months- on the lovely day of February 9th.

So I woke up first thing, my nerves completely jumbled from the adrenaline coursing through my veins as I sat- already dressed in sweat pants, a thermal long sleeve, a bullet proof vest, a black thermal hoodie, Nike’s, and a beanie- bouncing my legs up and down while I waited for everyone to show up, seeing as though I gave a call to everyone 6:45 this morning.

So I was a little excited. Can you blame me? The only thing I've been able to do was physical therapy which consisted of walking on a treadmill, stretching with a medical rubber band, and electroshock therapy along various parts of my body such as my shoulder, my ribs, along my spine, knees, and ankles. Being able to finally stretch my legs was just one more breath of fresh air.

Of course, Dr. James gave me specific instructions to keep it only to a light jog, keep on the paths to lessen the stress on my body instead of taking my usual strenuous run through the woods and fields.

I wasn’t too ecstatic about the news, but hell, I get to start moving again, especially now that the HGH has kicked in; helping speed along my recovery.

As I waited- impatiently fiddling with anything that was within arms reach- I planned on taking my Audi over to City Ink to pick up Dayna for a little girl day. I decided against dying her hair back to blonde, but more of a dark chocolate color, making it look more natural, more alluring, for my plan to work.

Finally, after twenty-three long minutes and forty-five seconds of agonizing waiting, the trope marched through the swinging kitchen doors, all bleary eyed and there fists wiping away the sleep.

“Yessss!” I celebrated as I jumped up, pumping my fist in the air before I started stretching.

I was met with a chorus of groans at my excitement, but I didn’t mind. Nothing would ruin this high that I was riding right now.

Each guy slowly bending over, stiff from sleep, as they tried stretching out there calves and hamstrings.