Ch. 41- The Downward Spirals

Chapter Forty-one

The Downward Spirals

I came upon what appeared to be once a stringy, lanky, uncoordinated girl now abruptly given this new found strength in which she had not a clue on how to control. She had her arms wrapped tightly around her knees, clutching her legs to her chest securely. At the sound of my arrival, her head snapped in my direction, a fierce snarl ripping in my direction. Quirking an eyebrow, I didn't even need to voice the challenging ‘Really?!’ expression that was written all over my face. Immediately her features cowed and mumbled a small “sorry,” towards the ground. “been on edge lately.”

“I get it, not your exact situation.... But I get how your feeling.” I replied nonchalantly as I started wrapping my wrists in my pre-wrap and stretchy tape.

After a long silence, she exclaimed in surprise, “You came!” 

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. “You know, you said that last time.” I replied as I stretched out my arms.

She shrugged as if it were inconsequential. 

Working down to stretching my legs out, I lifted my head and my expression went flat. “You’ve said that every time I've shown up.” I stressed before looking back down and leaning to my right to continue stretching. “And it’s been a few months.” I muttered as I kept my head down focussing on just stretching. 

“Can’t help it. Just surprised every time you do show up... You know some of my situation and I don't know any sane person who would actually stick around.” She muttered in hostility; more directed towards herself than at me. 

I looked up to see her staring at me in concentration, trying to read my reaction, like she always did when the conversation always came back concerning her darker side. I felt a wolfish grin spread across my face before I laughed out, “Who said I was sane?!”

I didn’t get a smile, but I knew her spirits had lifted some when I saw the corner of her mouth twitch up. 

“Right...” I clapped my hands together and took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly, “Let’s get started.”

And from there on out, the joking ceased, our personal problems put on hold, and we both threw ourselves into the next two hours of intense training. 

The next fews days passed painfully slow, yet Friday seemed to have come in a blink of an eye. The entire day my mood was even more sour than normal. My movements were sharp all day, my locker received the brunt of my frustration with each violent slam, and to say everyone avoided me like the plague was an understatement. Despite the hostility I was emitting, there just had to of been one, or should I say two, stupid fools who would ignore the warning signs and jump into shark infested waters. 

As my body was unexpectedly dragged roughly into the conveniently vacant classroom and tossed into the teachers rolling chair, causing me to fly across the room with the momentum. My arms flailed until they grasped onto the edge of a filing cabinet, making me come to a dramatically, screeching halt.

Looking up in time, I saw Sebby locking the door to the classroom and drawing the blinds closed to keep the privacy while Tristan came forward to half stand, half sit on the teachers desk. Crossing his arms, his solemn expression looked me over until I couldn’t take the silence anymore as it had threatened to swallow me whole; I shoved the chair back, my intentions fully focused on leaving the room. That was until I was shoved roughly back into the chair by Sebby. 

My nostrils flared in aggravation as my mood became even more internally volatile. I wanted to throttle Sebby for shoving me into the chair, and just as I was about to launch myself at him, Tristan opened his mouth, a deep concern etched into face while his eyes were crinkled with exhaustion. I forced my body to relax and took a deep breath while leaning back into the surprisingly comfortable chair.