Cruel Intentions- Ch. 29

GUESS WHATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW CHAPTER! HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT. AND IF YOU DO VOTE. IF YOU DONT, WELL... DONT! LOL, SO I'M GOING TO GO, CHECK IT OUT. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Dr. James handed me three red, sugar-coated tablets of Advil and a cup of water for me to take as his other hand placed a gel icepack over my chest. “well, you've managed to hurt your heart.” James murmured as he pressed the pack of cold gel closer to my chest, molding it to me so I could feel the coolness through the under armor thermal.

“My heart?!” I tried to scoffed incredulously, but it came out more like a wheeze.

“You've strained the muscles around your heart. Which is why your feeling so much pain in your chest. And as for your breathing, well congratulations, you are now diagnosed with sports induced asthma. You're going to have to take a break again, meaning no physical exertion, whatsoever. And I'll be prescribing a temporary inhaler for you until the asthma works itself out.” Dr. James sighed as he placed his stethoscope back in his ears and continued to listen to my breathing paterns.

Jame's looked me over guiltily before asking, “How are you feeling besides what I already know? Are you in pain anywhere else?” as he started half a physical, seeing as I was lying down, starting with my joints, bending my arms at elbows first then ankles, then bending my knees.

“No, I'm okay... Honestly.” I reassured after the moments hesitation he gave before continuing his work.

“Well, finally someone decided to do their job, you useless neanderthal.” Dayna stalked through the room and gently placed the cup of tea on the coffee table before helping me slowly sit up.

“Excuse me you emotionally tattooed goth, I have always done my job, especially when it comes to toots, here. So don’t go making asinine assumptions of things you know nothing of hell about. There is nothing I wouldn’t do to help save that little girl.” Dr. James pointed blindly at me angrily as he kept a sharp gaze on Dayna- whom competed with his with a cold stare.

After a smug sigh, Dayna shook her head after handing me the tea, and stood up so she was towering over a sitting Dr. James. “Right now I'm sitting here looking at you, trying to see things from your point of view, but... I just cant seem to get my head that far up my ass.”

“Technically, you’re standing.” Dr. James said, and it seemed to me he was trying to hold back laughter as Dayna's face spasmed with rage.

It felt like I was watching a ping pong match, amused while sipping my tea- keeping it rested on my bottom lip when I wasn't drinking from it- as I moved my head back and forth, watching their sparing match.