Cruel Intentions- Ch. 31

i love love love loved this chapter, kinda longish, i think. i hope you all enjoy it and only VOTE AND COMMENT if you think it deserves it and would like to tell me your opinion on it. ENJOY!

SONG AND PICTURES OVER THERE. CHECK EM OUT ----------------->>>>>>>

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

I slowly made my way up the stairs of the school by myself. All alone. All by my lonesome. Nate hadn't picked up the phone call I made fifteen minutes ago. He hadn't responded to the text message I sent the minute I woke up. And his car wasn't in the parking lot.

All around, I felt the disturbing destitute feeling of loneliness the moment I wrenched open the front doors.

My eyes widened at the horrifying site that lay ahead of me. Hearts. Balloons; Red, pink, and white. Heart balloons. Confetti hearts. Construction paper cut outs of hearts, cupid, roses, cherubs, arrows going through hearts, and silhouettes of a girl and boy just barely kissing littered the hallways and hung from the ceilings.

The urge to retreat with my- metaphorical- tail in between my legs washed over me like a tsunami. It was like Valentine vomited over every square inch of the place. Just as I took a step backwards, two different pairs of arms looped through mine and started dragging me forward. "Isn't this just amazing!?" Nautia gushed.

"No." I murmured to myself.

"So... come on, spill! Tell us what Nate did this morning. Is he here? Have you seen him yet?" Talia fired question after question.

"I... Uhh... No." I mumbled, feeling the weight of being alone, once again, on valentines day sink in.

"What?" the two girls said together.

"Yea..." I started slowly. "I'll see him later probably. Look, I have to get to class, see you both later." I said as I kept my eyes adverted from theirs, and walked away, my posture stiff but I kept my head held high.

Sitting in class was a nightmare. Every girl gushing about the bouquet of roses, carnations, etc. they got from either their boyfriend, secret admirer, or between best friends. A loud, intentional, whisper from Mandy "I think Nate finally woke up from the nightmare he's been living and took a real look at what he was dating. It's about time he came to his senses and finally left the street rat. How embarrassing it had to be on Valentines day." she giggled to her surrounding mannikins.

I closed my eyes momentarily, starting my count at one, and finally opening my eyes at 75. I tried to listen to a smug looking, and sounding, Mr. O'Brady but even his face, let alone his voice was setting of my undeniably short temper.

I scowled and looked under my desk to find my foot bouncing my entire leg, causing the blood flow to course through my veins, making my skin itch. I was irritable and I knew it which furthered the irritation I was feeling.

Halfway through class, a flower carrier knocked on the door and strode in with a clipboard and a long, medium sized square black velvet box. "I have a delivery for a Miss Liv Wilde?" he asked, looking up from his clipboard, scanning the classroom.

'What the f***?'

I cleared my throat and slowly lifted my hand, not even breaking the silent tension for a moment.

He nodded and made his way over to me.

He set the box down on the desk in front of me and left with a smirk and a wink.