Cruel Intentions- Ch. 33

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Nate and Tatum heads immediately snapped towards the entrance, towards me. I could visibly see Nate’s face paling as he started shaking his head.

Tatum either simply looked smug, like she knew I was there all along and this would happen, or like she had just proven a point.

“This isn’t what it looks like!” Nate whispered horrified just when Tatum said. “I told you he was scum and you should have never accepted that ring.”

“Shut up Tatum” Nate snapped, his gaze furious as he looked like he was itching to wrap his hands around her throat any moment and strangle the life out of her smug persona.

His gaze swung back to me softening as he started to approach me like one would when approaching a wild animal; slow and cautious.

I started shaking my head furiously as I backed up a few steps to keep the distance between us. I knew if he came any closer I wouldn’t be able to stop my second-nature reaction. “Liv, please just hear me out.” he whispered as he kept walking slowly towards me.

“I don’t think that's a good idea Nate. Do you?” Tatum asked, seeming perfectly at ease in this situation.

Way, way in the back of my brain I knew this entire situation wasn’t right. That something was up and Tatum was just as conniving in whatever scheme was going on. But for now, only the front part of my brain was working and it currently was stuck in my head, the picture of Nate and Tatum kissing. Instead of rationalizing and getting down to the bottom of it, or trying to hear anyone out, I decided to do what was best for everyone here at the moment... and run.

I simply spun around and ran.

I figured Nate would respectfully let me go, give me some space and time to figure things out rationally, but instead he grabbed onto my wrist and yanked me to a stop. “You are not running. Just stay here and hear me out. Please.” Nate said, obviously not as calm as he tried to appear but his voice shaky and grip frantic.

And this is when second-nature kicked in and I swung my fist, punching Nate straight in the side of his face creating loud and hollow thud.

His hand let go and grabbed on his face in shock and taking the moment in of being stunned, I tried making another run for it but was once more grabbed. So instead of waiting for him to speak I swung again with my left and hit his other cheek. This time I couldn’t stop. I couldn’t turn and run. I was fully thrown into a fight... with my boyfriend... whom I just caught cheating on with me with my long time best friend.

I was emotional.

I was angry.