Cruel Intentions- ch. 32

havent looked it over, nor any of the other chapters so i suspect there to be a lot of errors but im trying really hard to get it all done and uploaded for the end of the watty awards. im loving all the support and hope it keeps coming my way. so VOTE and COMMENT and WHATEVER else you feel like doing if the story deserves it, you like it, or not like it.

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

The next few months passed till there was only a month and a half left of school. Nate and I hadn't been able to keep our hands off each other ever since Valentine's Day. Every stolen chance, we took. Whether it was on school grounds, during study halls or lunch breaks to every single night, shower, and breakfast. It shouldn't have exactly been at the top of our priority list, but that wasn't stopping us. Still,  we- as in Sal, Brody, Nate, the mafia boys, Baize, and me- were constantly training when Nate and I weren't all but groping each other. We ate, breathed, and slept to train. My mobility was about ninety-five percent back. I was still using the inhaler once before training and once more afterwards.

Mr. O'Brady and I seem to be a little more civil towards each other. I've actually found myself laughing a few times in his company but then we have our moments where we fight and actually have thrown a few inanimate objects at each other during out time where he's teaching me after school. Sometimes it ends in laughter, sometimes it ends in a finality as we bid each other adieu with mouths of a sailor and avoid each other for a couple days. Something awkward, us running smack in to each other, or him- never me- waving the white flag with a bribery of hot tamales (the candy) with an insincere apology ending in laughter and back to normality.

Tatum was living up to reputation and finding herself in multiple detentions and even a three day suspension for setting the chem lab on fire. Of course this could have been an accident if she hadn't taken the blow torch and turned it onto the many beakers lined up, each with a different chemical, her excuse was wanting to know what each reaction the chemical would have with heat. Even though they were clearly all labeled flammable. We kept our friendship in school, rebuilding the trust we once had. I believe she may have still held a grudge for actually not getting caught and sent back into the foster system. But I had losing my brother riding on the line and not even the president of the united states would be able to stand in my way. Though, I guess we both had our own reasons not to fully trust each other, and my most current reason was the fact the something was going on between her and Mr. O'Brady. Whether it was a intimate relationship, strictly business, or purely friendship, my gut feeling told me something was off every time I had rounded the corner and found them hurriedly whisper in hushed tones, speaking quickly, eyes darting around, a couple times I caught them arguing in his classroom. But I never could catch a word of what they were saying which only furthered my frustration.

But, the main subject on my mind was that no matter how hard I threw myself into training, I received flashbacks of that special night that happened between Nate and I. And as hard I tried to control them, they continued as if they had a mind of their own, whether I was in the middle of sparring with one of the boys, earning a blow to the head, or in the middle of class trying to take notes and found myself writing out the events of what happened instead of the current lecture I was in.

I can still remember my embarrassment the day after. I think that memory will be imprinted in my memory forever.

Waking up to the sounds of light running water and nature was something I was definitely not expecting. Especially rays of hazy sunlight poking through the clearing of trees, making me squint my eyes at the sudden 'brightness'. I groaned and rolled over, my body sore from the events that took place last night.