Cruel Intentions- Chapter 3

Chapter Three

I leaned back in between Nate's legs and into his chest as his arms snaked into the opening of the back of my hospital dress and wrapped securely around my chest. Hestraightened one of his legs and kept his other leg bent and his foot flat on the hospital bed as he pulled me in closer to him.

"I can't believe you're making me do this." he whispered in my ear as I closed my eyes just as the nurses started to pull the dressing completely off.

"You should be happy i'm not hanging out for the world to see." I whispered as I felt Nate lean back further, causing me to go with him.

"Liv, we're going to have to re-stitch your stitches, seeing as a few of them tore." Dr. James said as I felt his cold fingers peeling off the tape and gauze.

"Shouldn't it be healed by now since i've been out for two months." I asked as I slightly turned my head, resting my cheek on Nate's chest.

"Well... yes. But you're body was slightly violent to the point where we had to put restraints on you so you would stop ripping the stitches. I mean everything that we had fixed; you kept re-injuring yourself so the restraints were highly necessary. That was for about the first month. The second month you were so still I thought you were dead and the monitor was just broken." He replied as I heard him snapping on the gloves.

"Lovely details Doc. Really. You sure you didn't leave anything out?" I replied sarcastically.

"Well actually yea. I had a special request for the stitches. It turns out an officer named Brody really wanted to do the one's on your back and told me to watch him and how he stitches and to do the rest of your stitches that way." He said with a slight laugh in his voice.

Brody, that bastard. Well that's just great. I'm going to look like a damn constellation when I'm all healed.

Wait. That's right, he's alive.

"Sal, where's Brody!" I demanded as I shot my head up and opened my eyes just in time to see Dr. James sticking me with the needle to numb the area so he could stop the bleeding.

"He is back at the manor with Baize and the guys celebrating the New Year. They all wanted to be here to celebrate, but seeing as we spent thanksgiving, Bay's birthday, and Christmas here, along with mostly everyday visits, I told them to take a break and enjoy tonight and I'd let them know if there were any changes. But I highly doubt they're really celebrating. Most likely sitting around in the living room... waiting." He replied with a smile on his face.

Except I couldn't return it. I had a frown etched on to my face and dropped my eyes to watch the doctor sew up my wound. God that looks gnarly.

"I'm sorry I've been ruining your holidays." I whispered, feeling like the biggest douche for putting my family through hell.

"You didn't ruin anything. Besides, I should probably ring the guys now; let them know you're awake." He said as he turned and walked back out the door.

I closed my eyes and let myself melt back into Nate as I felt a slight pressure and pulling and tugging on my stomach, near my ribs. I was taking the time to enjoy everything at the moment; the feel of Nate's arms around me, his scent mixed with his cologne, the feel of his heart beating in his chest against my back, the sound of his slow breathing.

"Mmm, Nate?" I mumbled.

"Hmm?"

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you, Liv." he murmured back as I felt his arms tighten slightly around my chest.

I just can't wait to go home and be in my own bed... with Nate. The thought made me smile.