Cruel Intentions- Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

"Do I really have to go in there?" I pouted like a child.

"Yes, yes you do. I'll be here right when the clock strikes twelve-thirty. Promise." Nate's smile lifted at on corner and showed no teeth.

I have a sexy boyfriend.

"Why thank you." Nate laughed out right and kissed my forehead.

"I really have got to learn to control my thoughts." I thought out loud and shook my head in embarassment.

"No you don't. I like hearing what you think of me. It's cute." He reached out, pinched my cheek, and shook it like a toddler.

It took me a few seconds to control my impulsive urge to use violence and strangle him, but I did smack his hand away and frowned.

Oh no.

I've gone soft.

That thought created a more prominent frown but I shook my head physically and pinched his cheek back.

"Oh you are so adorable. Yes you are!" I sang out in a baby voice, trying to keep my face straight all the while still pinching his cheek and shaking his face slightly back and forth.

He placed a hand to his heart dramtically and took a step away from me. "You're bruising my ego, Liv."

He then shook his head, feigning hurt, and starting walking backwards down the hall.

"I blame you if I leave this classroom with only half my sanity!" I shook my head back in mock anger.

"You already half insane so I'm not worried about it." He called back from further down the hall.

I flicked him off in return.

The last thing I heard was Nate's laughter ringing through the empty hallways of the school as I opened Mr. O'Bradys class door and slammed it shut.

"Well that was rude." I heard his voice carry from the inside of his office in the back.

"Like I care." I murmured to myself proudly.

I was getting better at not voicing my opinions... Well atleast to his face.

"We'll work in my office today." He called out, still from the inside of his office.

"Um, no thank you. I'd rather work out in the classroom. So this is me, setting down all my stuff and taking a seat now!" I raised my voice as I slammed my books down and dragged the chair away from the desk.

"You're obnoxious." Was his response as he closed his office door and pulled up a chair opposite of me and my desk.

"I know." I replied quickly, making sure I made as less of a conversation with this man as possible.

"And arrogant." He chided as he brought out a large binder full of notes, tests, and lectures.

"And I'd like for you to start teaching instead of talking about my wonderful qualities."

"Wonderful? You are anything but..."

"EH! NO!" I scolded him like you would a dog.

I took the finger that I had been pointing in his face and pointed down at the binder. "Teach. Now!"

"Jeese, so demanding. You know... Okay okay!" he threw his hands up in surrender from the glare I sent him.

"So immature." I muttered low under my breath.

"What was that?" a hint of a smile playing at his mouth.

"I said 'so immaculate.'"

"What is?"