Cruel Intentions- Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

"Oh and Liv? I know you've been in a coma for almost three months, but try and remember you're seventeen now." Dr. James said with his back to me, tending to Nate's dislocated fingers.

Oh. Wow. That's right. I'm the big one seven now.

I just cant seem to believe that I missed out on three months of my seventeen life.

How depressing.

"Thanks doc, I'll try and remember that." I replied as I laid back down on my stomach, waiting for the Mederma to dry on my back.

"Nate?" I questioned, almost hesitantly.

"What's up?" he asked leaning over to the side, around the doctor, so he could see me.

Mid-lean, he fell over onto the floor.

He picked his head up and gave me a goofy grin as he leaned up onto his elbows.

I smiled. I absolutely adored him. He was my serious, bruiting, street racer, but he had a klutzy, whimsical, light-hearted side that made me love him even more than I do now.

Which, in fact, seems physically impossible!

"I'm sorry... about dislocating your fingers..." I said quietly as I scratched my head awkwardly.

"I love you." He replied, hopping to his feet, swiftly came to squat in front of me, grabbed my face with both of his hands, and pressed his lips to mine before pulling away too soon, and walked back to an amused Dr. James.

He looked at both Nate and I, longing in his eyes with an almost sad smile plastered to his face.

BRILLIANT!

I am a genius!

I know exactly what he needs!

I know exactly how I'm going to break up his engagement!

I know exactly what to do to put the pep back in his step!

"I know exactly what to do to make his love life happy again!

*

"Hey, I was thinking since I'm going to have a really big, ugly scar on my back, if you could help me sketch up something to put around it?" I asked as I watched the Tattoo needle draw the ninth raindrop on my skin.