Cruel Intentions- Ch. 25

Chapter 25

I was sitting on Nate's lap off to the side on a plush one seater couch, taking turns of whispering sweet nothings into each others ears, laughing in joy in the moment, absolutely loving where I was when something caught my eye in the corner.

It was a small yet lanky girl, sat at a small round table by herself, staring absentmindedly but with a tinge of sadness at her twiddling thumbs. She was the epitome of lonely and my heart broke for her. She wore chunky rimmed glasses and her hair was a giant frizz ball and she had the misfortune of sneezing, showing a mouthful of metal braces. She was completely flat chested and the loose fitting black and pink floral dress was the opposite of flattery.

I stuck my bottom lip out, out of pity, trying not to giggle at what Nate was currently whispering into my ear while taking in the sight of this pitiful, lonely girl.

I started getting lost as Nate started biting my neck lightly, but when I saw a small tear streak down her face. My body stiffened causing Nate to notice and pull away. He took two fingers, placed them at my chin, and turned my face so we were eye to eye.

“Do you love me?” I whispered.

“Unconditionally.” He whispered back, locking his masculine hand onto the back of my head and part of my neck.

“If I asked you for a favor, would you do it for me?” I mentally crossed my fingers, hoping the answer would be yes.

Nate lightly kissed my lips before pulling back slightly, leaving his forehead against mine, and smiled. “You have me wrapped around your tiny little finger, girl.”

“So if I asked you to dance with a girl, specifically that girl in the corner…” I paused, letting what I'm asking sink it. “Would you?”

He pulled over and looked over to the corner, his features taking on pity before turning back to mine. “Are you talking about Beatrice?”

Assuming, if the shoe fits, is the girls’ name who reminds me to the T of Eeyore, rain cloud above the head and all, that he’s referring to, I still hoped his answer was yes as I nodded sheepishly.

“You won't mind?” he asked warily.

If he thought this was a test of commitment, then damn right it is. A commitment to show me he’s a selfless human being who would dance with a lonely, depressing sight of a girl just to make her night.

I shook my head no. “As long as you’re in my bed at the end of the night…” I said teasingly.

Nate looked back over at Beatrice; bit his lip contemplatively for a moment before turning back to me and rolling his eyes.

He kissed me once more before moving me off his lap and stood up fluidly. He sent me a wink before taking long, smooth, confident strides in the girls’ direction.