23

Eliza and Scott were running until they ran into Stiles and all three scream and relax until Stiles spoke up.

"I think i found something."

"So did we."

They followed stiles into the den and saw the stuff around the den.

"It's a coyote den."

"Were-coyote."

"You see this? This is Malia's remember it's the same one she was wearing in the photo."

Scott pick something up and realized something.

"We shouldn't be in here."

"What do you mean?"

"She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home. Our scent's going to be everywhere."

"Why can't Eliza just cover out scent?"

"I'm not a wizard Stiles, I can cover scents before we get there not now."

"Alright if she's not going to come back here where is she going to go?"

"I don't know."

"Can you track her now? You think you got her scent?"

"Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, i won't be able to turn back."

"The door's still open."

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help."

"Lucky for you two." Eliza pick up a small piece of cloth. "You have a very powerful firstborn witch."

"Wait..." Scott said stoping them. "This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of my boss's league."

"And more in my dad's." Stiles finished.

"I mean we did come out here to help him." Eliza stated.

They called the sheriff and he pulled up as the three waited and they check out the scene.

he began looking around inside and then both him and the Sheriff walk over to the trio.

"You sure it was her?"

"I look her right in the eyes," Scott stated. "And they glowed just like mine."

"It makes sense dad."

"But it wasn't a girl. It was a four-legged coyote, right?"

"Well okay. See that's the part we don't exactly have figured out yet. Which isn't a far stretch considering we're friends with a girl who's angel, vampire, and witch." Stiles said as Eliza look at him.

"Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving, then anything could've happened."

"Horrible things could've happened. Ripping, shredding, tearing things."

"Which is probably what caused the accident."

"Think about it, dad. They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, the mom crashes and everybody dies..."

"Except for Malia." Scott and Eliza said.

"She blames herself, all right, goes off running into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote."

"Or... She's actually a coyote. Were-coyote. Werewolves who were born can started turning when they're young. It's possible." Eliza corrected. 

"That makes sense." the sheriff said the three of them are taken back. "In a Chinese folktale. Boys, this is... this is insane. I need this kept quite the three of you not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this."