22

"Alright, now relax."

"Okay... relaxing." eight year old Eliza said looking at her step-father.

"Good. Now, left arm..."

Eliza threw her left then went to right as Dean smiled.

"Not bad."

"I had a good teacher."

"Alright then, scratch everything. Try taking me down."

Eliza smiled and started hitting Dean but he blocked her hits which was starting to irritate Eliza as she started using more of her strength.

Eliza had thrown her right hook only for her step father to block and she fell.

"You okay?"  Dean said squatting down.

"Yeah..."

They both notice a small cut on her elbow and watch as she slowly began to heal.

"Well now your mother won't kill me."

"Dad..." Dean look at Eliza, it was the first time she had called dad. "Do you love my mom?"

"I do."

"And do we have to move? We always do."

"This will be the last move I promise. You know your mom and I just want to keep you safe."

"I know... do you know about my real dad? Mom never talks about him."

"She'll come around Elizabeth. When she's ready. She not keeping it from you because she doesn't think you can't handle it. She just afraid she'll lose you."

"She'll never lose me, she's my mom. And you're my second dad."

Dean smiled.

"Second dad huh?"

"You make mom happy. You teach me. Help me. Take me to school. And you're married to mom. Of course you're my dad."

"Well as your dad what do you say we get hugging before your mom finds out we left her alone."

"Yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Present day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Present day