Chapter 38

The time went so quickly. We did have a great time though, we just spent time together and had fun. Being two idiots. But I made sure he got some work done, you know, to lighten the load a little.

“I don’t want to go.” I sniffed into Ryan’s shirt.

“I know baby. I wish you could stay here with me as well.” He keeps saying that, but I don’t really see a reason for us to need to be apart. It may be annoying me slightly and the idiot doesn’t notice, but everyone is saying he has his reasons and they are good ones and I need to trust him. And they are right, I know he gets as upset as I do when we are apart.

“Smile, the worst is yet to come.” I sang softly.

“We’ll be lucky if we ever see the sun.” Ry sang back. “Got nowhere to go, we could be here for a while. But the future is forgiven so smile.”

“I will definitely miss you.” I kissed his cheek softly.

“I know. You will be in my thoughts every single day, I love you so much.” He kissed me passionately, his eyes full of sadness.

“I love you too.”

“Come on lovebirds, don’t wanna miss the flight.” Dan reminded us, I pulled Ryan into a hug before slowly walking off with Dan. “You’ll barely even notice it. Next thing you’ll know he’ll be back with you.”

“Thanks Dan.” I smiled sadly at him, the boys had been very understanding. They were actually getting a different plane so they could fly back with me. Which was great. Also they don’t trust me to stay on the plane, I think that was the main issue.

“You are sat with me.” Glen announced, pulling me over to him. “Those two are a nightmare to be sat with.” He whispered in my ear, making me laugh a little. “Music to my ears.” He winked playfully. This is why Glen is one of my favourites. He is just an amazing person.

“What are your plans for Christmas?” I asked him after taking the window seat.

“Well, Luke is staying with me this Christmas. So I’ll have to do something amazing.”

“Hey, being with you should be enough. Just take the time with him, play with him and talk, find out what it is he wants. You never know it might be something achievable.”

“Knowing my luck he’ll ask for Uncle Danny.” He rolled his eyes at that.

“Oh come on, that’s adorable. Why don’t you ask Dan to pop round for an hour or something? Not long, he’ll have his own meal to get to.”

“You have a point.” Glen conceded, nodding. “You know, if you get really lonely, and need someone there. I can be there. Alright? Give me a call and I promise I will do my best to get down to see you.”

“Thanks Glenny.” I lay my head on his shoulder and let my eyes fall shut.