Chapter 12

It was possibly the longest flight I have ever had to sit through. There was no Susan to mess around with and Eddie was staying in the US for a while longer, he was going to visit family and said he might fly over at some point. Brent was here, but that just meant him and Ryan were talking music. Danny and Mark had the worst hangovers, so were trying to sleep it off or were just grumpy people. Glen was asleep, trying to deal with those two when drunk is tiring work. Leaving little old me alone. I can tell you I have never been happier to see land. The plan was to stay in a hotel overnight and drive down early, they didn’t know we were back so we were going to surprise them all.

“You sure this is a good plan?” Ryan asked for the 100th time.

“Well, I don’t see the point driving down now and if they are going to get upset they’ll still do it over the phone. They aren’t stupid Ryan.” I explained, trying to get to sleep.

“Yeah, I know.” He sighed, pulling me close. “I just don’t want your Dad to hate me more.”

“He doesn’t hate you.” I assured him. “Once he gets to know you I know you’ll win him over with your charm.” I heard him yawn behind me. “Now go to sleep, tomorrow is going to be a long day.”

Both cars were outside the house. That means they are all in, it’s Thursday so Andrew and Izz will be at school. So I guess they won’t be all in. It’s around 11, and I am really hungry but I know if I ask now Ryan will just get irritated. I don’t know why he is so stressed about all this.

“Come on then.” I sighed, I got out first with Ryan following after me.

“I think I’ll head straight over to Susan’s.” Brent decided.

“Okay man.” Ryan waved his good bye as Brent drove off. Danny and the boys had gone to Dublin for a while, apparently they are flying back at some point. “Let’s do this.” I knocked on the door, I heard my Dad grumble as he unlocked the door. Don’t know why it was locked, weirdos.

“AMY!” He exclaimed, pulling me into a bone crushing hug, my Mum hurried to the door not long later.

“You’re back.” She ran over to join the hug. Ry just stood there awkwardly.

“Ryan.” My Dad said in greeting, shaking his hand.

“Good to see you Ryan.” My Mum smiled, giving him a hug.

“You gunna let us in? Or are we staying out here?” I asked, we all headed into the living room. Mum and Dad took the big couch leaving me and Ry with the smaller one. I have no complaints, I lay my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm round my waist.