Chapter 17

“So, she loves music and seeing people live right?”

“Yeah.” Her Mum answered, pressing me to go on.

“Well, I thought we would do a little show for her. You know, get a few friends to play and have a little fun.” She smiled at me sweetly. “But, it got a little bigger than I expected. People were ringing me and asking if they could come, free of charge. I couldn’t say no, we have quite the line-up. I booked the Oasis, she told me all about that place, and how it can be used as a venue. Thing is, I don’t know who she will want there, do you think you could help us out? Friends and family, whoever the hell she wants.”

“Oh Ryan, she was right you are the sweetest thing.” She pulled me into a hug. “Of course I can get people to come.”

“Brilliant.” It was all coming together now.

“Who’s going to be there?” Deb asked.

“Well, OneRepublic, The Script, Maroon 5, The Fray, Amber Run, American Authors, Ed Sheeran. People like that. There are a few I know she isn’t too keen on, but like I said, I wasn’t really in a position to turn people down.”

“Jesus Ryan, that is a lot of people.” Sarah sighed.

“I know. But it’ll work out, it’s like a festival. I was thinking a 9 o’clock start, I’ve taken care of the food and stuff. If you can work out the number of guests that would be great. Oh and apparently a film crew is showing up, stuff like this travels fast in the celeb world. There are going to be some news stories, I think Channel 4 or MTV want to play the show at some point and obviously it’ll help to put it all up on YouTube. I was thinking then I could make a DVD of it and give it to her, make it special.”

“Shit. You are romantic.” Deb laughed.

“Lover boy sure does try.” Mark chuckled.

 “She deserves it.” I shrugged, it seemed obvious to me. I would do anything for her, I really would. Setting this up for her was nothing, the look on her face when she finds out will make it worth it. Just another way to show her I love her. I looked back up to watch the swimmers, I saw Izzy speeding past us. Amy had told me she was good, watching her here swimming with all these older swimmers makes it obvious. And Amy was doing well herself, she had got in late and was second in her lane. She looked over and gave me a wave, I couldn’t see her eyes because of her goggles, but I could just tell she was looking at me, I could tell that her smile reached her eyes. She was happy. I could see it in the way she moved, she had turned back and was deep in conversation with another swimmer. Every now and again she’d laugh at something or other, she was practically jumping with joy. Don’t get me wrong, she loves her time in America, on tour with us, but she misses home. I know she does. She’s happy to be back, even if it is only for a little while. Then again, we could stay for about a month. That is a pretty long time. I guess we’ll have to see.

“You really love her mate.” Dan stated, moving to sit beside me.