Chapter 35

It had gone downhill after that. He slept more and when he was awake he was obviously uncomfortable, throwing up and coughing his lungs out. Just as we were debating hospitalisation his fever broke, it started dropping, this had happened before but this time it stayed down. He actually ate solid food without throwing it up. He’s still not 100%, but he has improved massively.

“I’m fine. I need to see the sun.” He insisted.

“Ry, you should stay in bed a little longer.”

“Nope.” He smiled as he slowly got up, his muscles a little stiff and tighter.

“Need a massage?” I offered. He was silent so I took it on myself to make the move, he really was all tense, I could feel the knots in the muscle. Eventually he let out a little groan as I kneaded a particularly tense muscle.

“Never knew you were this good.” He sighed.

“There’s a lot you don’t know Tedder.” I laughed, pressing a kiss to his neck.

“You know, I’ve had a change of heart. I think I might stay in bed a little longer.” He decided, turning to kiss my passionately. Thank god the family are out, they were all in Swindon doing some shopping or something like that. Meaning we have the house to ourselves.

“Thought you may do.” I giggled as he pushed me back down.

“Danny is waiting outside, he wants to talk to you for a minute.” Ryan informed me, looking a little upset.

“It’s fine.” I assured him. “I’ll only be outside.” I gave him a kiss for good measure before heading outside. Dan was sat on the bench, head in his hands. “Dan?” His head shot up.

“Oh, I am so so so sorry. I really am Amy. And I know you probably hate me now, but I just had to say it. I have no idea what came over me.”

“Dan, I don’t hate you. I was upset and honestly a little scared. But what happened, that wasn’t you. That was the alcohol.”

“It can never be okay. What I did, it was disgusting.” Dan insisted.

“No Danny. I am telling you, I can forgive you. I just, things won’t be normal straight away. We both know that. But, I think you need to consider how much you drink. You could barely remember a thing from that night Dan.” I pointed out.

“You’re right. I would say I won’t drink, but we both know that won’t happen. I am beyond sorry. I really am.” He pulled me into a hug.

“I know Dan.” I sighed. “I’m just glad we are going to try to get past this.”