Chapter 39

“You’ve done the right thing.” Zach assured me. “You know it will be so much easier without her here.”

“Doesn’t mean I’m going to be happy Zach.” I sighed.

“We don’t expect you to be happy, but you need to make an effort. The quicker we get everything sorted, the sooner you can fly over there.”

“I know. I know.”

“Come on. You’re not finding anything sat around here.” Eddie chuckled, pulling me up.

“Tell me why we can’t use the internet again?”

“Because, it just doesn’t work. We want everything to be perfect. Trust me Ryan. This is the only way to do it.” Zach assured me, with so much sincerity I couldn’t say no.

“She loved the ring Brian bought.” Zach blurted, slightly randomly.

“Actually. She loved the photo.” Eddie pointed out. “Let’s just get out there. We can make a decision then.” I nodded and followed them out, they are right. I need to try to be happy, truth is Amy could have stayed. I just didn’t want her around, not while we have all this planning to do. If she accidently found something, well, I would go insane. It would ruin everything.

“Heard from her yet?” Zach asked after we got in the car.

“Yeah, she’s on her way home. Misses me. Said good morning.”

“She is sweet.” Eddie smiled.

“I know. That’s why I had to do it.”

“We know. Dude. We totally agree, to have her with us, she would work it all out.” Having their support really helps.

“You getting up today?” Mum asked.

“No.” I grumbled.

“Come on.” She turned on the light, leaving me no choice but to get up.

“Fine.” I sighed, pulling on the first clothes I grabbed from the suitcase. I really would rather stay in bed, but I think sulking is probably the worst way to go with this.

“I made breakfast.” Dad placed a plate in front of me, now I know they feel sorry for me. There wouldn’t be food otherwise. Not unless it is a special occasion, or I am super annoying.