Chapter 37

“Who won?” Ryan asked, spotting the game behind us.

“Glen.” I told him.

“She came second with Zach.” Glen added.

“What were you working on?” I looked at Ry, trying to start a conversation.

“Just some stuff.” He shrugged, dropping onto the sofa and watching TV. Ass. Hole. Zach sensed my anger I think.

“Care to explain.” He pressed, receiving a small smile from me in thanks.

“Just a fucking song. Is this an interrogation?” Ryan snapped.

“We just want to talk. It’s not like I’m leaving in a week. Oh wait! I am.” I shouted, sick of him and his stupidity.

“You think I don’t know?” Ryan looked a little hurt.

“No, I’m saying we want to make the most of the time we have together.” I sighed.

“I’m just tired baby. That’s all.” He assured me, pulling me in for a kiss. “I want to work more so I can get back to you quicker.”

“Forget that. Let’s make the most of the time we have together. And just try to get back for Christmas.”

“Sounds fair to me.” He kissed my forehead softly. “What are we going to do then?”

“Another game!” Dan cheered, making us all laugh.

“Bingo!” I suggested, it was one of the few we haven’t played.

“What about Mario Kart?” Ryan countered.

“This is why we have you around.” I smiled, kissing his cheek and jumping up to set things up. Luckily these snazzy new hotels have Wii’s and the first thing we did was request more controllers.

“I’ll draw up a thingy thing.” Zach informed us, meaning like a championship table. This is always an ace one to play. Gotta say, it’s pretty much the only game where anything can happen. And is one we’ve done so many times.

“Cause that made sense.” Eddie laughed.

“That’s it, you’re going first.” Zach threatened.

“Fabulous.” Eddie smiled, sticking his tongue out.

“Alright. First race, Eddie vs Ryan.” Zach announced, smirking towards Eddie. Ryan does win a lot.

“I can do this.” He winked towards me, me and Eddie may or may not have been practicing for this very situation.