Chapter 10

“Thought I’d take you somewhere different tonight.” Ry told me, holding my hand as we walked to this mystery restaurant. He had brought a dress for me to change into, it was nice and not too dressed up. He had on his denim shirt and black jeans, so it was obviously a casual meal tonight.

“I can’t wait.” And I meant it, if today’s standards were anything to go by this will be amazing. We had walked past the 9/11 memorial site, Ry wanted us to see it at night and said it would give us more of New York to see if we walked this way.

“Here we are, ABC Kitchen.” He smiled at me, leading me inside.

“Do you have a reservation Sir?”

“We do, under Tedder.”

“This way please.” We followed him to a table set slightly apart from the rest, with candles and rose petals. And wine. “If I can get you anything please let me know.”

“I don’t suppose you could take the wine away.” The waiter nodded and left immediately, taking the wine with him.

“You could drink.” I told him.

“Not tonight, I want to remember every second completely.” He assured me.

“Ryan, why are you so perfect? Why? You know, it makes it impossible for me to even attempt to think of something half as good.” I sighed.

“I just like to treat you, when it comes to what I want I would be more than happy to just lie in bed all day and watch TV with you. But I want you to see the world and enjoy every second, seize every day.”

“Carpe diem.” I smiled.

“Carpe diem.” He agreed. The waiter returned with menus.

“Here you go, sorry about the wine. Is there anything I can get you to drink?”

“It’s no problem.” Ryan insisted.

“Could I have a diet coke?” I asked.

“Of course Miss, and for you Sir?”

“I’ll have the same, thank you.” The waiter hurried off with our order.

“I like him. You better tip him well.” I teased.

“Oh yeah, or what?” He scrunched up his eyes and nose playfully and it was just so god dam cute.

“Stop being so adorable, it’s distracting.” I laughed.

“I am not adorable.” He complained.

“Fine, do the face again.” I ordered, he did and I took a picture. “Let’s see what the people think. ‘@onerepublic what do we think; adorable or not adorable?’” Ryan pulled out his phone and retweeted it with an answer. ‘I AM NOT ADORABLE.’ I struggled not to laugh too much. ‘#RyanTedderisadorable @onerepublic’ I posted the picture again.