Chapter 30

“He did this to you?” I just nodded. “I am so sorry. He hasn’t done anything like this before, not in a long long time anyway. This is my fault.”

“No, Glen, I’m as much to blame. I don’t know what happened he was his weird and wonderful drunk self one minute and a complete psycho the next.”

“And Ryan?”

“Who fucking knows? He didn’t come out and we weren’t being quiet.”

“He’s going to blow a fuse when he sees that.” He looked down at my wrist, it had turned a nasty greenish purple colour.

“No. I won’t let him see it.” I sighed, wiping away my tears. “Dan was drunk. I’ll just wear a jumper or something.”

“I’ll kick his ass for you.” Glen smiled hugging me gently. “Here, borrow my hoodie for now. Go be with Ryan.”

“I don’t want to see Dan again.” I admitted quietly.

“What if I went with you?” He suggested, I nodded quickly. I still think of Dan as a friend, obviously. But that was a scary situation. It really was and I’m not in a rush to do that again. We opened the door and he was knocked out on the couch, Glen still waited until I was in the safety of the bedroom to leave us. I pulled the hoodie on and clambered into bed, Ryan didn’t even move. What is wrong with these two today? I might have to kill one or both of them if they don’t book their ideas up.

“Whose jacket is that?” Ryan asked after shaking me awake.

“Oh, so you do care enough to ask. It’s Glen’s.” I got out of bed and grabbed clothes before going into the bathroom to get changed. When I got out Ry was staring at me and had got dressed.

“What is up with you?”

“Nothing Ryan. Let’s just go.”

“What about breakfast?” He asked heading into the kitchen.

“NO. We can go somewhere else.” My eyes fell to the sofa, Dan was waking up. “Come on.”

“I want to eat here.” Ry shrugged heading into the kitchen bit to grab food. Leaving me with Dan.

“Shit. My head.” He groaned.

“I’m going over to Glen’s. I’ll meet you in the lobby later.” I rushed from the room, refusing to make eye contact with Danny. This is going to get annoying real quick.