Chapter 18

“You promised a McDonald’s.” I complained, according to Mum we won’t have time because Izzy has school.

“No Ryan promised a McDonald’s.” She pointed out.

“Fine. We can sort it all out, we will take her in late and Ryan will woo Miss Thomas.”

“I’m not wooing anyone.” Ryan interrupted.

“Dan can then. I don’t care, use your wonderful charm to make it alright.”

“We will stop at McDonald’s, only because I’m scared about what you would do if we didn’t.” Mum sighed.

“Yay! Thanks.” I beamed. “Who’s having what?” Turns out there is a lot of food needed.

“I can pay. I owe you for letting us stay round.” Dan offered, from the back. He handed me his wallet.

“You don’t have any cash.” I pointed out.

“Well, use the card. You know my pin.” He shrugged.

“You know his pin?” Mum asked, she was obviously shocked and surprised.

“Yeah, I don’t have any money. So, Danny and Ryan let me use their cards sometimes. The others only ever give me money. I’ll just lean over and put the pin in.” We all agreed to do that, after a lot of arguments and people saying they would pay. It wasn’t quiet until we had the food and were driving back, everyone was eating quietly.

“Thanks for stopping Mum.” Izzy thanked from the back, which had everyone saying thank you.

“This was great. Thanks for paying Dan.” I passed his wallet back.

“No problem, thanks for the bed.” He chuckled.

“I would say anytime, but that would be a lie.” I teased. That was the rest of the drive, making fun of each other and just having a good laugh.

“Come on Izz!” Ryan shouted, practically running to school. We might even make it, I think we will, everyone else is sprinting to school. I am following behind at a fast walk I guess.

“Hey Miss Thomas, I am sorry Izzy was late this morning. We have a few guests round.” I explained, looking over at Izz who was saying goodbye to everyone. Brent had shown up at to say bye to her. Mark, Glen and Danny had decided to tag along.

“Wow. That is quite a group you hang out with.” She smiled, looking more than shocked.

“I know, it’s a shock right? It’s all thanks to Ryan, our magical meeting was love at first sight and then he took me on his tour and I met The Script and so many other people.”